Friday, March 7, 2008

I Got Tagged Again

I love this stuff. Thanks, Emily.

I'm sorry it's been so long. I've been out of town for a week. And I'm having technical difficulties with my camera, so this is the perfect post to get me back into blogging.

1-What is his name? Kevin Gerald Bowman

2-How long have you been married? 5 1/2 years. We got married on August 31, 2002.

3-How long did you date? Our first date was February 8, so we dated about 6 1/2 months before we got married.

4-Who eats more sweets? I do. Kevin didn't really eat a lot of sweets on his mission because people in Taiwan don't eat sweets. Since then, he's not into them. No wonder Asian people are so thin.

5-Who said I love you first? Kevin did. He said, "Don't weave me. I wove you." It freaked me out because I didn't know whether he was joking or not. The next day he said it a little more seriously.

6-Who is taller? Kevin

7-Who can sing better? Kevin. Who likes to sing more? Emily.

8-Who is smarter? Kevin. A conversation that seems to constantly go on in our house is, "Emily, why don't we do this thing this way from now on." And then I say, "Oh, that makes things a lot easier, doesn't it."

9-Who does the laundry? I do, and I'm a control freak about it. I heard Kelly Ripa from Regis and Kelly say that she has a talent for laundry, and that's exactly how I feel. I can get stains out of just about anything. I have my own little system, and I would rather Kevin just find another chore to help me with.

10-Who pays the bills? We pay them together. I did the bills for about the first four years of our marriage. Now I'm very happy to share the burden. If we don't have money, it's both of our faults.

11-Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Kevin does.

12-Who cooks dinner? It's about half and half. I can cook about four things. Kevin likes to grill and make other creative new things with what we have. I'm so glad he enjoys it because I really don't like to cook.

13-Who drives? I usually do. Kevin always falls asleep in the car, and I get car sick if I do anything but look at the road, so I may as well drive.

14-Who is more stubborn? I am, for sure.

15-Who kissed who first? He kissed me on Valentine's Day. I thought he was a prude because we went out about five times before he kissed me. But he planned it that way. He wanted our first kiss to be on Valentine's Day.

16-Who asked who out first? He asked me out after our first date. Initially, we were set up by my brother's wife.

17-Who proposed? He did. We were on a trip with his family, and he took me on a walk and said, "I'm going to marry you, Emily Ficklin." And I said, "I know."

18-Who wears the pants? I do sometimes, and he does sometimes.

I love you, Babe.

I love to hear people's love stories. I'm going to copy Rachel B. and tag anyone who wants to do this.

6 comments:

Emily B said...

I love you to babe

Wendy said...

Don't weave me? I wove you? MWAHAHAHAHA! Kevin is never going to hear the end of that one!

But his pronouncement (cuz it wasn't really a proposal) was sweet. "I'm going to marry you Emily Ficklin." Aw, Fick! That's so cute! (Sorry, I know you hate being called Fick. I coudn't resist. I will understand if you delete this comment.)

Emily B said...

Wendy, I don't mind Fick as much as I used to. I actually miss my funny maiden name sometimes.

Valerie said...

I loved reading this. It was so sweet! I especially loved how Kevin proposed. I can just see the two of you strolling along and just having a sweet conversation. Loved the phrasing, though, so sweet! Thanks for sharing.

Rachel B. said...

Okay, I absolutely LOVE the way he "proposed." And your response?! Awwww!! You guys are perfect for each other! I've been thinking all day about how cute that story is. I've already told Tom that story at least twice now.

Cynthia said...

Woohoo Emily has a blog!! I love it! I love how you said I'd rather he find another chore to help with. That's exactly how I feel with cooking. I HATE it when Will comes along and stirs whatever I have cooking on the stove. He thwarts my system!