Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Two Places That Make Me Happy

I just wanted to post a few of the highlights from our trips last week.

I was only in Salt Lake for a night, and a whole day, and a morning, so I didn't get too many pictures, but this is my favorite. That's my mother-in-law Celine with William at The Garden restaurant at the top of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. Salt Lake is like Disneyland to me; it makes me happy to be there. I love Temple Square and all of the malls, and it reminds me of my days at BYU.

This is the plane ride home. I was a little worried about this part because I was by myself. But they both fell asleep during take-off, and everything was fine. Thanks, Celine, for flying us home so that we didn't have to drive all day Sunday.

Sunday night we drove to Anaheim.

This is William with my nephew Spencer. Sometimes I wish I could be pushed around Disneyland in a stroller.

This is Rebecca and cousin Ryder on their first roller coaster. Did you know that you only have to be 35 inches to ride the Matterhorn?

This is the meltdown she had after the Matterhorn. We won't be doing that one again for a while.

At the end of the trip we got to go visit my old roommate Jenny who lives like twenty minutes away from Disneyland. Lucky girl. I am really upset that I didn't get any pictures from our visit. We'll just have to take another trip down and get some pictures next time. Thanks for letting us come by, Jenny. Your family is so dang cute.

Thanks for taking us to Disneyland, Mom and Dad. We had a great time.

7 comments:

Cort, Kimi, Metz and Chase said...

Whoa the Matterhorn! That is quite the first roller coaster. I'm sure you are exhausted from all the traveling but it sure looks like you had fun.

Wendy said...

That first picture is perfect. I love it. And I love that you were brave enough to fly with two babies. I'm terrified to do it with one! Also love that you put Rebecca on the Matterhorn. No baby rides for THAT kid, eh?

Sara B said...

glad you had a good time! I love the first picture too.

Lindz said...

I love Disneyland. My sister lives in CA and goes all the time. It makes me so jealous. I love the first picture!

Julie T. said...

Chris just measured Riley on her birthday- and she is very excited that she can go on all the big rides now at Disneyland! We will see if she actually wants to go on them when we get there!! I am happy that you guys had two great trips- what lucky people you are!! Also, thanks for coming to Nanny's viewing and funeral. You are the greatest friends. Love ya!

Jon and Ashley said...

It sounds like such a fun trip. I loved the after picture with the Matterhorn

David and Emily Wilcock said...

That first picture is amazing. You should frame it for sure! I am still debating taking Spencer to Disneyland. I think we would have the exact same reaction to the Matterhorn. I can't beleive you only have to be 35 inches! Crazy!