Thursday, April 3, 2008

Celebrity Sightings

Since I saw Carey Hart last week, I've been thinking about all of the celebrities I've seen just roaming the city. I've actually seen quite a few. I guess that's a perk that comes from growing up in fabulous Las Vegas.

When I was a junior in high school, Wynona Judd was in town doing a concert. I'm not a fan, but my friend Christa was a huge fan and had tickets to the show. I was at the mall with another friend Jeanette, and we saw this over-the-top looking woman. She had the craziest red hair, tons of make-up, and big black sunglasses. I actually thought this person was a Wynona impersonator. I whispered this to my friend, and all of a sudden this woman called us over and said, "I saw you looking at me. I was wondering if you were going to come over." It really was Wynona Judd. It was crazy because we saw her at the most ghetto mall in the city - the Boulevard. We shook her hand, and she seemed really cool. She's very short. She had these black boots on with a huge chunky heal and a platform, and she was still a couple of inches shorter than me - I'm 5'4". Needless to say, my friend Christa was not very happy that she wasn't there with us.

My senior year, my group for prom went to dinner at the Forum Shops in Caesar's Palace. As we were walking out of the mall into the casino after dinner, I saw Ryan Phillippe and Seth Green walking into the shops. At the time I had a big crush on Ryan Phillippe. I really wanted to go chase after them, but I didn't think my date would have been very happy about that. All I can remember is how gorgeous they both were and how fast they were walking, probably trying to evade crazy people like me.



One summer when I was home from school, I was at church with my dad sitting in the back where we usually sat. About ten minutes after the meeting started, Steve Young and his brand new, pregnant wife came walking in and sat in the row in front of us. (This is them with Ross the Intern from Jay Leno.) Notice how she is almost the same height as her husband? And he is very tall.




The most recent celebrity I saw wasn't in Las Vegas. I actually saw her at Disneyland. I was in line for the Tower of Terror with Kevin's little brother and sister, and we were standing next to a group of very chatty girls. There were about seven of them, and most of them talked to us the whole time we were in line. There was one quiet girl with her hood up, but I didn't really pay any attention to her. As we were doing a switchback in line, I looked at the girl's face, and it was this girl. Her name is Anna Sophia Robb. I had just seen her in Bridge to Terabithia and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. When she looked back at me, she gave me a look like, "Please don't draw any attention to me." I quickly looked away and didn't tell anyone until we got off of the ride. This girl is strikingly beautiful in person. She has the biggest eyes.

I'm totally into celebrities, and I love People magazine. Next I would really love to run into Justin Timberlake. Seems to me celebrities are just like us, except a little better looking, and a lot more people know them.

10 comments:

Kiesel Klan said...

wow you should be a celebrity yourself with as many as you have seen. I have only seen a few and that was because we were at premier night of Love on the strip so it wasn't like I just happened to see them. you must just attract them somehow. :)

Rachel B. said...

That's awesome! You have seen a lot! And I was thinking I was all cool. My two biggest ones that I've seen and talked to were Tim McGraw (with Faith Hill standing next to him) and Rob Schneider (sp?). Tim McGraw rejected taking a picture with me after a Broadway play, but was really nice about it. And Rob Schneider was behind me in line for a broadway play during a different trip, and he was also really nice and took a picture with me. Okay, this is already long, but randomly I've also seen that Anna Sophia girl. She actually came in for a consultation at my last ortho office. You're right, she is absolutely gorgeous. Very striking in real life.

So moral of my story is that you and I should write a celebrity gossip magazine together with all the celebrities we see.

Lindz said...

I also love Ryan Phillipe. He is hot. He was just on Ellen. Ya, the only time I have ever seen celebrities is when I lived in Las Vegas. It helped that I worked at the bank. Carey Hart banked at our branch. Pretty cool.

Cort, Kimi, Metz and Chase said...

I'm with you on Ryan Phillipe too! Glad you had such a great birthday! Happy Happy Birthday.

Valerie said...

Wow you have seen a lot. I saw Alyssa Molano from "Who's the Boss" when I was in Vegas for a state track meet in high school. We had dinner at the Luxor and everyone was pointing at her. Then once things died down, I went to get a dessert and she was standing right beside me. I was so nervous, and just smiled at her and told the friend I was with how great the dessert was. I know...how lame. But I think she appreciated the fact that I didn't make a big deal about being right next to her.

Julie T. said...

I don't think that I have seen too many celebrities. I do however have a picture with Celine Dion. Chris makes fun of me because I have it framed in my house! Jessie and I got to go backstage and meet her and then we sat on the second row to see her show- that is all I have to offer yours and Rachel's gossip magazine! I am jealous however of Rachel's Tim Mcgraw encounter!!

The Walkers said...

That is cool Em!! I'm jealous...I can't even think off hand if I've seen any celebrities that matter. And any that I've seen I have NOT been impressed with at all! But I would brag it up if I were you - that is really cool!
p.s...I thought I had already added you to my blog, I'm a space head I guess!! :)

John and Heather Davis said...

I have to say that I am totally jealous of all of you celeb sightings! I have only ever seen Kevin Spacey. He was in the car next to me on Charelston almost to Lamb.

Wendy said...

Wow, you rival Damien in celeb sightings- but his were mostly from working in a theater in New york. Yours are more exciting because you didn't expect them. I'm really surprised that Wynonna is so short- and that she called you over! Did you say, "I thought you were an impersonator"? I bet she would've gotten a kick out of that. Funny that everyone is excited about Ryan Phillipe- I LOVE Seth Green. He's super short, too, isn't he?

As for me, I saw a famous theatre guy walking on the street in New York once (I'd use the name, but most people wouldn't know who he is unless they're fellow theatre freaks), and I met a bunch of Olympic skaters backstage at one of those tours they do, and my favorite: I peed in a stall next to Paris Hilton at the Bellagio. I didn't know it was her until after, all I knew was some ditz was talking on her cell phone while peeing, and I almost told her to please shut up. After I found out it was her, I really wished I'd said it. I can't stand that girl.

janet said...

You've seen so many!! I LOVE the girl on Bridge to Terabithia (so much that I don't even know her name.) But I do think she's beautiful. and Steve Young's wife is showing some cleavage in that picture! go steve.

The only people I have seen is Robert Redford (skiing.. he was training with someone. and we talked to him for a bit.) and a couple of NBA players. nothing exciting like your stories!