Monday, May 12, 2008

Congratulations, Laura and Michael

This past Saturday, Kevin's sister Laura was sealed to her husband Michael in the St. George Temple. It was such a sweet ceremony. The room they were sealed in is this cool room upstairs right next to the Celestial room.

I hadn't seen Kevin's cousin Brittany in a couple of years, so it was so nice to see her there.

This is my favorite picture of all the pictures I took that day. Everyone got their serious pictures, and for some reason it was taking me forever to get a picture of them on the stairs. When I finally snapped my picture, Michael thought everyone was done taking pictures, and he made this cute pose. I think I'm the only one who got this shot.

After we took some pictures, we had lunch at the park down the street from the temple.

Kevin's mom and sisters made these cute lunch baskets for everyone to enjoy. It is a styrofoam tortilla warmer with cute plaid material wrapped around it. Inside was a chicken croissant sandwich, a cup of fruit, a wrapped napkin, utensils, and chocolates, and a frozen Capri Sun to keep each basket refrigerated. It was the cutest lunch box I've ever seen.

There was also an afternoon lunch in Las Vegas for those who couldn't make it to St. George.

My sister-in-law Emily, the queen of all things domestic, made these sweet tuxedo chocolate dipped strawberries.

It was even warm enough outside for Rebecca to enjoy the pool for the first time this year.

We're so happy for Michael and Laura. Now they can start having some babies!

7 comments:

About Me said...

Sounds like you guys had fun! I love those boxes, such a cute idea:)

The Smith Family said...

Were the strawberries as good as they look :) Glad you guys had fun!

John and Heather Davis said...

What a beautiful day!! I'm so happy for your sister in law! What a blessing it is to be sealed for time and eternity! I cant wait for the day when I get to be sealed to my hubby and children!

Jon and Ashley said...

I love the picture you took. So cute. Those strawberry tuxedo's are darling.

Valerie said...

I love seeing wedding pictures even if I don't know the people :) Looks like you guys had fun, especially Rebecca in the pool. That little girl kills me, she's so cute! Yes, and Will's hair is getting blonder, we'll have to see how blonde it gets this summer since Owen's always lightens up in the summer too.

Kiesel Klan said...

Ahhh those chocolate strawberries look delicious. Those are my favorite. That was the best part about my wedding was I got to pick all the food and chocolate covered strawberries was #1 on my list.

Leah and Dustin said...

What a cute wedding dress! I love it! The St. george temple is my favorite! Something about the white limestone against all that red St. george dirt! I love it but I've never been inside, I bet it's beautiful.
What a happy day for your family and for them!!