Thursday, September 4, 2008

Vacation at Work

This is Kevin. I am due for my annual contribution to the blog. So here it is:


A few weeks ago, Emily wasn't feeling good at all, (we just recently found out the source of the sickness: See previous post). So anyway, she asked me to stay home from work. A day off work? NO PROBLEM. I took the kids over to my folks house to swim and let Emily rest for the day. Good break for her and me.



When I got back to work on Friday. This is how I found my office.









Complete with Pool full of Fish.










One of our Foreman got temporarily kicked of the job site for telling the GC Superintendent what an idiot he was, so he was stuck in the office and they put him to task buying my Vacation Kit. Grand total of 33 dollars.



Later that day I decided to play along.





Lucky for me, I had played tennis that morning before work, so I had my shorts ready to go. (Or unlucky for me after seeing myself in a photo with my shirt off. I should probably be embarrassed.)









I didn't have a towel so luckily it was a small pool.




Had to get a better look at the fish. At 10 cents a piece there were quite a few in there. Sticking my face in that water with all those fish grossed out both of our secretaries. I don't see what the big deal is, unless the weren't really grossed out by my face in the water so much as my butt in the air.



13 comments:

Jon and Ashley said...

You are such a good sport! Your work looks like a fun place. What did you go with all of the fish?

Emilee said...

Bill & I are hoping that you kept all of the stuff- to use for a later date! I love that you were swimming in the office & have pictures to prove it.

Rachel B. said...

Oh man, what a funny post to wake up to!

Emily B said...

He sure did keep ALL of that stuff. It will be great for the kids when we go to the beach. Kevin, only you would go put on a swimsuit and snorkel after finding that someone put a swimming pool in your office.

David and Emily Wilcock said...

That was hillarious! It sounds like you work in a great office!

The Simpson Family said...

Oh man, This is pretty dang funny, Kevin you should post more often (not that we don't love hearing from Em, but this is pretty funny) in fact I wish Tom would post something every once and a while!

Kiesel Klan said...

K that is hilarious and I didn't catch on that there were real fish in there. And yah your office looks so fun....need any good employees?

Julie T. said...

That is SO funny! you are a good sport kevin!

The Smith Family said...

That is so FUNNY!! I bet it's never a dull moment when your at work :)

Alli Waldron said...

I found you Emily! This post is too funny!

Kindermusik with Celeste said...

Hi Emily! Thanks for the "friend request"! :) Your family is adorable and congrats on #3. It was good to get in touch with you and Jodi again. Hope all is well, take care!

Celeste (Boyack)

Skeeter said...

That is awesome!!! Happy Vacation!!! HAHAHA

janet said...

Hilarious! By the way, you totally look like Andy Roddick with your shirt off.