Kevin and I were married on August 31, 2002. Our 6th anniversary was on Sunday, but we were in Utah, so I'm just getting to this today.
Our anniversary wasn't a huge deal this year. We spent Labor Day weekend with my family in New Harmony, Utah. Everyone at the house agreed to watch our kids while Kevin and I went to dinner in Cedar City. They have a new sushi place there, and it was actually really good. We came back to the house after we ate, and that was the extent of our anniversary celebration.
It's been a great six years. Kevin is my perfect match, and I want to list some reasons why that is.
He complements me:
- Kevin is a morning person, and I'm not. I love that he gets up with the kids for me on the weekends.
- Patience is not a quality that I was blessed with, and Kevin is the most patient person I have ever met. The nicest thing about this is that I think he has rubbed off on me a tiny bit in the past six years. I used to go nuts when I found out he had bought me a gift for an occasion or had a surprise planned for me. I had to know what I was getting or what the surprise would be. I've gotten a little better about being able to wait for those things.
- I over-worry, and Kevin doesn't worry about ANYTHING. This quality of his can actually make me a little crazy. Some things are really worth worrying about, like when a person needs to show up to court about a traffic ticket, and Kevin seems to not let this or anything else bother him. I think together we find a happy worrying medium.
- Cooking is stressful to me. Kevin loves cooking, or at least that's what he tells me. He says that it is relaxing to him. He ends up cooking for us most nights.
- I'm a total perfectionist (in a bad way) when it comes to certain things, like the way my clothes look or the way my house is put together. Kevin will wear the rattiest-looking pair of jeans and tell me they still look brand new when I tell him he needs a new pair. This has been so good for me. He has helped me realize that getting a tiny, unnoticeable stain on a shirt isn't enough of a reason to get rid of that shirt, or that a small nick in the paint on my wall or a little scratch on the furniture is not something that people are going to come into my house and judge me for or even notice most of the time.
- We both grew up in Las Vegas and graduated from high school the same year. Although we didn't go to any of the same schools, we had a lot of similar experiences being part of the CCSD, and we also remember a lot of the same things that happened while we were in school because we're the same age. For example, I will say to him, "When you rode the bus in sixth grade, did you guys hear that song Informer like every morning on the way to school?" And he will say, "Yes. And we all made fun of it." And I say, "Yeah. We did too." Kevin and I always have conversations like this. I love this about him. It's fun to reminisce about the past with him because he always knows what I'm talking about, and he always contributes his own experiences about movies that came out, or events that took place, etc.
- We both love to watch good movies.
- We don't do a lot of outdoor things together, but we both really love to snowboard. This is actually something he taught me to do. I'm so excited to do more of this with him now that my parents have a place in Utah.
- He likes the Twilight books. I convinced him to let me read the books to him. He just finished the last book this weekend, and he thinks it's a great story just like I do.
- We both love to eat, and the restaurants we both love to go to are all the same.
There's so much more, but this is the gist of why we were made for each other. I love you, babe. Happy Anniversary.

15 comments:
Happy Anniversary;)
Happy Anniversary! Its so nice to find a perfect match! And yes, it got SO cold on Sunday. We brought warm clothes for Kaden but no coats for me & Kam so we borrowed from his parents, that weather can be so crazy.
Happy #6! You guys are so cute!
"I'm in LOVE, I'm in LOVE and I don't care who knows it!"
Emily that was really sweet. Happy Anniversary! You are so much like me...It was funny to read that because was like I was reading about Jon and I.
Ha! Love Kevin's comment! Happy Anniversary you guys! I kid you not other than Tom being a morning person your how you compliment each other list is exactly us. Tom says cooking is relaxing too...weirdos. ;) Actually isn't that the best?!
Okay, I am so laughing about "Informer." Although my year on the bus was "I'm too sexy..." and "I like big butts." Oh how you've gotta love the rides to JoMackeyBlacky (can I say that on here?) with jailbird Mr. Kivatiski!
It is crazy you have been married 6years it seems like you guys were just dating. It is amazing how we balance each other out in marriage. I worry about things way too much also. Happy Anniversary!
ah yes. informer. time to take a trip to the itunes store. i seem to remember "life is a highway" also coming up frequently on the bus radio.
by the way, on a more anniversary note, Jaz and I will always remember your wedding for two reasons:
1) it was her first trip to Vegas with me
2) the KILTS. so awesome.
happy anniversary.
I always remember how long you've been married because I got married that same year, and your date is Brook's birthday so that's an easy one too. You two do compliment each other very well, your such a great couple and you have a beautiful family. Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! What a sweet post for your hubby!
Happy Anniversary! You are the best wife. Kevin is so lucky to have you. It is amazing how there is always someone out there that fits perfectly with someone else. I think we are both luck to have found ours.
I remember you telling me you were going on a mission and I secretly hated that idea (I know that is horrible to say), but then Kevin swooped you off your feet and you stayed to marry him. I loved that much better!!
I hope you guys had a great Anniversary- I think you are a great match also:)
Sorry this is late, but... CONGRATS on #3!!!
sweet post! happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment