- I had a doctor's appointment on Friday, and I picked Kevin up from work to go with me since he is on the way. As we drove, I started to tell him how Leslie from my Freezer Meal group did not like the movie He's Just Not That Into You. I had previously mentioned that that was one I wanted to see. He said, "Well that's too bad. I was going to take you to see that movie tonight." I was completely surprised. That night we dropped the kids off with his parents and went to Outback (my favorite) and still went to see He's Just Not That Into You. I really liked it, and surprisingly, so did Kevin. I still want to ask Leslie what she didn't like about it.
- Saturday we had an fun Valentine's Day ward party planned by the Shumways. They did an awesome job putting the party together. All of the couples were split up to go play three different games, and in each game we ended up with a different group so that all of the couples got a chance to interact. We played The Newlywed Game where Kevin and I got four out of ten questions right. We did worse than the couple in our group who had only been married for three weeks. We also played a game about remembering our first date and a telephone charades game invented by my friend Rachel. The women were asked to bring their husbands' favorite appetizer or dessert, which we enjoyed after the games. Then the husbands were invited to share a poem about their wives which they had been asked to prepare beforehand. Kevin's poem to me went something like this:
You are hot,
like the fire of a really big blow torch,
spaghetti.
(I later found out that this poem was written by our Elder's Quorum President and emailed to all of the Elder's Quorum as an example of what they could say in their poems.)The party ended with a slow dance, which Kevin and I don't ever get to have together. Thanks for the great party, Shumways. I wouldn't have wanted to spend Valentine's Day any other way.
- Sunday night we went to my parents' house in New Harmony so that Kevin could go snowboarding at Brian Head on Monday for President's Day. The weather wasn't great, so a few of the lifts were closed, but Kevin had a good time with his brother Brandon and sister Melissa who came with us. While they were on the mountain, my kids got into their snow suits and had some fun in the snow in the front yard.

Here's a picture of the house minus the snow.
We really had a long, fun-filled weekend. Kevin - thanks for making this Valentine's weekend one to remember.

7 comments:
Outback is my favorite restaurant too! It was fun seeing you guys at the ward party. I worked with your husband at the temple on Tuesday. It was so fun working in the temple kitchen and the food was delicious!
Sound like you guys had a great weekend. If we had gone to the Valentine's party we probably would of done just as bad at the games..we just aren't good at that stuff..haha!
It was so good to see a post from you. Now that I am in primary I feel like I never see you. I heard the Valentine party was awesome. Jon and I just went on a single date, but it was still fun. Give Kevin props for a good Valentines.
I love that newlyweds know more about their spouse than you two do! the party could not have been more fun... so glad you two came! Kev's (I mean, Matt's) poem was awesome.
What a great Valentines!! Lucky you! How do you like your freezer meal group? I love it! :-)
you should have called me if you were up this way!!! oh well, maybe next time!
I loved "He's Just Not That Into You". I think the audience has so much to do with it. Some friends and I went on opening night and the audience was really excited and into it, laughing a lot, etc., and it made it so fun. I want to go see it again.
I love that Kevin just used the poem Matt emailed out. Hilarious.
Post a Comment