Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Two Weeks Old

I took Braden in for his first doctor's appointment on Monday. At two weeks old here are his stats:

Weight: 8 pounds, 13 ounces (50 percentile)
Height: 21 inches (~60 percentile)

Basically he's pretty average, but he has gained weight and grown longer since he was born. I love to see this growth when I go to the doctor with new babies because then I know that my milk is doing something for them, and I also know that feeding them every three hours, even through the night when I would rather be sleeping, is helping them grow.

And a special perk that his doctor informed me of is that I get to bring him back at two months old instead of one month old. He said that since Braden is my third baby, I should know what to look for, so I don't need to come in for well checks as often. Wow! I feel like such a seasoned mother with my three kids.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there Kevin...You probably don't remember me but... I used to be close with your family...My name is Joshua Leugers. I just though t it was neat how you know Kort and Kimi. They were in our ward in Cedar before they moved to the Tropics..Any how congrats on the family...Being a daddy is so much fun. I now I've enjoyed every moment of it...I'm not sure how to get in touch with Laura so if you could let me know I'd like to drop her a line and say hi. Have a graet life.

Liz Prisbrey said...

Wow, who is your pediatrician? Mine didn't seem to care that I was a seasoned mother when I had my third baby. It seems like I spend their entire first year at the doctor. :-)

Kellie and Stephen said...

He is soo cute! Does he really have that much hair already? I'm always jealous of babies when they have more hair than my almost two year old does :)

Julie T. said...

You definitely are a seasoned mother. . . a professional by now! Braden looks so alert in those pictures. He has changed a lot since I saw him last- a whole week ago!

Dee said...

Hey Emily, congratulations on #3! I'm sure you hear that enough, but still. I had to comment to ask where you came up with the name Braden Alexander. It sounded so familiar, sort of, and I realized it's because I have a nephew named Alexander Braden. I'm sure it's just a freak coincidence, but still.... So, who is the new baby named for, if anyone?

About Me said...

He is so cute, I can't wait to meet him. I will be down the second week in April and would love to stop by and see your little crew.

Highland Hussy said...

Nice widget! ;) lol
I can't believe how he looks like a baby and not a new born...you know? RAchel B's little girl was like that too: not all squishy and wrinkly, just went straight to being a cute little baby. My kids were squishy and wrinkly and had crooked noses until they were a couple weeks old!

Christa said...

haha. heck ya, you're an old pro!!!!

Rachel B. said...

I so agree that it's so nice to make sure they're getting enough milk and see that they're growing. I sometimes wish I had one of those scales in my house. So I'm one kid away from being a seasoned mother, huh? Can't wait. :)

Hibbard Family said...

All of your kids look so much alike! I'm glad to hear you guys are both doing well... and thank goodness you got that epidural in time mama!

Ronda said...

I hope i feel like a seasoned mom when my third baby comes. I love the every 3 hour feedings too. j/k

Jeremy and Taren said...

I went through that same kind of thing. They weren't going to give it to me because I was too far dilated and luckily they didn't check me before I got it. Love those drugs. Ha ha. How are you feeling? Do you need anything?