He is taking a bottle once a day since his mama started working this week. I started a teaching job yesterday at American Heritage Academy which is a small LDS based private school on the other side of town. I'm teaching Algebra to eighth graders, high school kids, and one advanced seventh grader. The job has been pretty ideal for me so far since I have three kids under the age of five - I teach two classes on Tuesday through Friday, and I'm finished and ready to leave by 9:35 am every day. My kids stay with my sister Jodi in the morning, and they seem to barely notice that I've been gone when I pick them up. Rebecca will start preschool at American Heritage in two weeks, and her tuition will be covered by my salary. On top of that, I will make a little bit of extra money. This is not a life change I was looking for, but I think it will be good for me. Sometimes I feel like my life needs a little bit of a shake up.
So that's where we are right now. We'll see where this new adventure takes us.

10 comments:
Cute little Braden. It was so fun seeing him the other night! What a fun little get together that was. And what a sweet set up for teaching you have. You're done by 9:45? How perfect! I hope yesterday went well for you.
Congrats on the new job, if you are done by 9:30 what time do you start? Braden is such a cutie:)
The new job sounds great! Going back to work can definitely be hard, but it can be rewarding in its own way, too. And it's a nice perk that Rebecca gets to go to preschool! Good luck with the new schedule and the big change!
I hope that your transition to your new job goes well. I felt a lot like you when I started my job - not exactly what I was looking for but it is what it is. It makes it so that we can make ends meet and allow the boys to participate in preschool :) See you tonight!
Congratulations on your new job - I'm glad it worked out so well for Rebecca's preschool. Your little guy is getting so big, he is super cute!
Love that smiley Braden:) Glad your first day went good. A little extra money is always a good thing!
What a cute picture of Braden. I can't believe its been 5 months. The job sounds awesome. I hope everything works out great for you.
well... congrats! I know its never easy to go back to work after babies... but, we've got to do what is best for our families right!?! I just put in an application today- I'm SOOO hoping I get this job part time! I'll keep you posted if I hear anything.
Good Luck and btw- algebra??? are you crazy?!?!?!?! haha j/k!
wow i didn't even know you had your teaching degree. how do you like working again? I think about it sometimes but I wouldn't have the luxury of those sweet hours. I hope it works out good for you.
he is cute! its crazy how fast kids grow!
Post a Comment