Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Busy Nine-Month-Old Boy


Braden is nine months old today and crawling on his hands and knees, pulling himself up on anything around, standing by himself for about half a second, teething (two more came in on top), and my personal favorite - holding his own bottle. My sister Jodi actually taught him how to do this, and I love her for it. Now when I get up in the middle of the night to make him a bottle, I hand it to him in his crib and go right back to bed. I would prefer that he just start sleeping through the night, but I'll take this, for now.

Braden is definitely the busiest of all of my kids. He's all over the place! He goes nuts when I have to change his diaper. I have to hold him down so he won't roll away and move on to something else.

He loves William and Rebecca. He is really good in the car unless his brother and sister are not in the backseat with him. I had to take him to get shots without his siblings one day, and he cried the whole way there. I thought he was just having a bad day until my sister told me he did the same thing to her when she had just him in her car.

He's a sweet boy, even though he has turned into a bit of a screamer. Lately he wants what he wants the instant he wants it, or he starts screaming.

We've had lots of new babies born in our ward over the past couple of months, and they all make my baby seem so big. It's sad that they have to grow up so quickly. I love it when they are little and helpless, and only mama can give them what they need. But I do love seeing Braden's little personality start to emerge. And he still let's me cuddle him sometimes, which gives me my newborn baby fix.

8 comments:

Jeremy and Taren said...

9 months already? Can't believe it. He is so sweet. How many teeth does he have? Kamryn still has none. She is so behind. Hee hee Our kiddos are growing too fast. Is there a rewind button?

Cynthia said...

Wow - I can't belive he's so big already. Time is flying. Love cuddly babies. My baby is 3 but still cuddles with me. Love it.

The Morrisons... said...

Wow, nine months already! He will off and running soon. I will agree, it is so fun when they will still cuddle. Why do they have to grow up?

Julie T. said...

I just read Rachel's blog with Claire's first birthday post. Braden is going to be there before you know it! That is so sweet how much he loves Rebecca and William- what a cute kid:)

Hibbard Family said...

How fast these months have gone by. What a teether... or maybe mine are just slow... He is such a cute little baby!!

Wendy said...

holding his on bottle- now THERE'S a useful skill! You must be in heaven about that. I can't believe how big he looks. Soon you'll need another baby to get that baby fix. ;)

Ronda said...

What a cutie, they do grow too fast, my little baby is already over 5 months old.

Valerie said...

Oh, Braden is so cute! I can't believe your little guys is already 9 mos. old.