I just got this email:
Dear Emily B,
Toyota has announced an approved plan to fix accelerator pedals on recalled vehicles to ensure customer safety. The replacement parts for the recall have started to arrive. We will be working extended hours to ensure replacement as quickly as possible. You will be notified by mail if your vehicle was involved. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please contact us. For the latest information, please click on the following link to Toyota's Newsroom. http://www.toyota.com/recall/
Fletcher Jones Toyota understands the concerns of our customers. We are working closely with Toyota Motor Corp. to correct the issue as quickly as possible. We will continue to closely monitor this and will send out email updates as soon as they are available.
If you have any further questions or concerns please don't hesitate to contact one of our Service Coordinators at (702) xxx-xxxx.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Sincerely,
Joe Tortomasi
General Manager
Fletcher Jones Toyota
If we would have waited just a few more weeks to sell our car, we probably would have gotten less money for it, if we could've sold it at all. Plus, I'm glad to not have to deal with this recall mess. Sorry to all you Toyota owners out there. Especially you, Jessica.
Friday, February 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You for sure got lucky. What a mess that whole thing is.
I was thinking about you when I heard about all the recalls. I'm sure you are thrilled not to have to worry about all that!
phew... that was a close one!
wow, Em, I'm so glad you guys got out while you could! What's the new car? All I gathered is that it seats 8. (way cool!)
I've been a sucky blogstalker, sorry, or I would've asked sooner, but how's the new job? It seems that you like it, yes? I've stopped teaching for a while (since I spent all that moolah to get my license current and stuff, it kinda stinks, but it's easier now not having to work around damien's schedule/overtime.) What's Kevin's job? you can email me if this is writing a novel on your blog :)
Thank you for your concern! But don't cry for me, Argentina! I still love that we had matching cars for even a little while (I was sad I couldn't join the Bronco crew in high school). And I am still Toyota-loyal, despite their recent mistakes. I trust my Battlestar Galacticabalza! :)
Post a Comment