- I am done with Google Reader.

I have decided it is too much pressure for me. I was limiting myself to reading blogs for only one hour a day, but when I didn't get through all of the updates in my Reader account, because I never did, those extra few updates would nag at me after my hour was up. So I am back to the old school way I used to blog - going down my list of blogs one by one to check for updates. It's made blogging fun for me again. I'm sure I will go back to Google Reader as soon as I am sick of what I'm doing right now, but for the time being, I am finished with Google Reader.
- Kevin is going back to school. He just applied for UNLV.

He has decided that he wants to be a physical therapist. He is so excited about it, and so am I. I think this career is such a good fit for him. When he was getting his EMT certification for the fire department tests, he loved all of the medical stuff he got to do. And he has taken a lot of the prerequisites already, so he doesn't have to start from scratch.
Construction was never what Kevin wanted to do, but the money was good, so he got stuck in it. It's going to be hard to be starving students for the next few years, but I think when we look back, we are going to be grateful that Kevin lost his job when he did.

9 comments:
Emily, I'm so sorry! I had no idea that Kevin lost his job. Ya know, this is such a great time to be in school though. You'll look back and be grateful that you made that decision, it'll be worth it. And physical therapy, that'll be great! Please let me know if you need anything!
Kevin will make a great physical therapist- he's patient and even-keeled, even when people are driving him nuts with all their whining. and it's great that he has a lot of the prereqs already done- less time you'll be starving students, right?
I've never actually used Google reader, though I do follow some blogs. Mostly I just bookmark friends' blogs and blogs I like to read. Guess I'm a technophobe. :) Welcome back to the old school.
Emily, you and I are living almost identical lives (in some aspects). Stuart was stuck in construction, because it paid well, but he hated it, and he was never happy. Sending him back to school has been the hardest and best thing we have ever done. He is finally happy with what he is doing outside of the home, making him so much happier when he is home! It will be worth all of the frustration and tears in the end. Good luck on your new journey, and let me know if you need anything!
A physical therapist IS a great fit for Kevin! What a great idea!! What a mixed blessing to have it figured out now. Good luck!
That's awesome, you guys! What a great career that will be! And ditto to google reader. I don't like when blogging feels like a checklist. I always just use the thing on my sidebar that tells me when somebody's updated, but it's not like google reader where it crosses it off for you. So if I don't want to read it, then I just don't. Rude, but I still like blogging that way. :) Anyway, congrats on your school decision...it's a good one!
I know exactly how you feel with Kevin. Chad was stuck too and in a way I'm grateful for this recession because it forced him out of construction! Good luck with everything!
Emily, I'm sorry to hear about Kevin's job - we have been there and it is rough. But I have to say that your decision to follow a new dream sounds so exciting to me! I think the Lord uses these opportunities, though they are hard, to point us in a new direction we never would have considered without a little nudge. And in the long run we end up being so much better off. I think it's awesome that you guys are willing to listen and take that leap of faith! Good luck!!! :)
Emily.. Sorry to hear about Kevin's job - you sound like you are handling things great. This is a perfect time to go back to school and I agree - Kevin seems like a good fit for physical therapy. I'm glad he enrolled in school because that means you guys probably won't be moving anytime soon :) So the funny thing with micah is that he CAN go down stairs. He gets down, turns around, and gets down them fine. The problem is that he busted through the gate... darn gate... Anyway, good luck to you guys!
I know I'm a little late in responding, but you've been in my thoughts and prayers!! I do agree that everything happens for a reason, even if we may not know what that reason is yet. I'm so glad that you two have the fortitude and faith to carry you through what will be a difficult time of change and growth. I love you guys, and I hope you let me know if there's anything I can do to help. P.S. Kevin, I hope you consider coming to Emory's PT school-- Atlanta's an awesome city for families!
Post a Comment