I'd never seen this particular search site, so I went down the list of websites to see what came up. My blog address was there of course, but what caught my eye was another blog under my blog called Family, isn't it about...time?. It wasn't so much the name of the blog, but the description of the blog that grabbed my attention. The description started with Anthony Vidal, Sarah Marshall Vidal, etc., etc. I wouldn't say these two people are my friends, but I definitely know them. I was pretty good friends with Anthony's brother Eddie and Sarah's brother Loren in high school. And wouldn't you say that my blog title is eerily similar to their blog title:
Family: Isn't it about...time
vs.
Family, isn't it about...time?
I mean the dot dot dot thing is just crazy to me. I really felt like I was pretty original with this title, and now I am totally second-guessing myself. I'm almost sure I've been to the Vidal's blog before back in my blog-hopping days. It looked familiar to me when I went to it yesterday. I'm thinking that I saw their cute blog title, stored in my subconscious memory, and remembered it two or three years later when I needed a new title. I guess I should have done a search on the title before I picked it, but I just thought I was so stinkin' original that I didn't need to do that.
And now I feel like a big bad blog title stealer, and it's making feel a little sick to my stomach. I'm sorry to any of you who've been to the Vidal's blog (because I know some of you are friends with me and them) and noticed the similarity. I promise I did not intentionally steal Sarah's blog title.
So now I'm looking for a new blog title. I'm thinking about using Bowman's because I am not a creative person, and I don't want to rack my brain again for some cute, mormony title. To quote Wendy's title, Nothing Clever Comes to Mind is how I'm feeling about this whole thing. (Don't worry, Wendy. I'm not going to steal your blog title too.) And I didn't use our last name before because of all the weirdos out in the world, but I'm not so afraid of that anymore. Should I be?
I am open to suggestions.

11 comments:
You know what, I've actually been on their blog a few times (I think through Cynthia's) and I honestly think that they more recently changed their title. Because I remember in my most recent visit thinking, "hey that's Emily's title". So I think theirs may have been after yours. I'm not sure though. As far as a new title...I I definitely think you can still keep the same one. "I'm not sure right now" totally cracked me up though. Good luck and I'll try and think for ya!
Ah, ha ha. This is hilarious. I've been a blog-stalker of yours (and you too Rachel) for awhile now. I've had my title since January 2008, when I first created our blog. I did notice that you changed yours awhile ago and thought, "that's funny, great minds must think alike!" I think I recall you even wrote a blog about why you changed it didn't you? Don't worry i didn't think you "stole" it, but it is kinda funny that you are so worried about it! Don't be - change your title back! I have searched and searched for those old-school church commercials! We've got to find them and post them!
So, . . . do so remember this scene from Billy Madison? Well, . . . what Sarah isn't telling you is that your name just got crossed off her list!
Don't feel bad Emily. We stole the title from the church. You should keep the name.
Oh, and Rachel, really? Through Cynthia's blog? . . .I thought we had a history! ;)
You guys are awesome. I had no idea that you two would even read this post. Sarah - I did do a post about changing my title because "One Little, Happy Family" didn't seem to fit our family after our last son was born. And Anthony - that video is hilarious. I forgot about the lipstick at the end. I'm glad I've been crossed off the list. Since I have approval from both of you, I will put the title back...but I'll take out the dot dot dot to make it a little less creepy.
Okay, now I am totally cracking up! Hi Sarah, hi Anthony. Umm...maybe I should just say hi to you on your actual blog...or better yet, Cynthia's blog. :) And ha ha to the Billy Madison crazy guy's list. One of my favorite parts of that movie.
if it makes you feel better Emily I've been to both yours and Sara's many, many times and never noticed that your blog titles were the same!!
If you want something cute and mormony... why don't you just write- Meet the Bowman's... a cute mormony family
Works for me! lol ;)
I love it, Christa.
I understand you, I am that creative either! Oregon Jaggi - pretty boring - but hey it is mine!
Coming up with a catchy blog title is too hard. Which is why I ended up calling mine Nothing Clever Comes to Mind. I just couldn't think of anything clever and was over it. And don't worry, I'm pretty sure there are thousands of blogs out there with similar/the same titles as other blogs- how could there not be?
Post a Comment