Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Lately around our house...

...we have a baby with a sock on his hand. When I saw Rushelle's baby at church with a sock on her hand, and Rushelle told me the sock was to help Cameron stop sucking her thumb, I knew that's what I had to do with Braden. It's working so well I think I might strap a sock to Rebecca's hand.

We also have a big brother who fell asleep on the toilet waiting to throw up. I swear my kids have had some kind of nasty stomach bug for TWO WEEKS! I am ready to be done with it already.

And we have a big sister who has done a lot of growing up in the past few months:

Rebecca graduated from preschool in May, and her teacher Mrs. Miki gave her the award for being quick to laugh. She was quite the giggler in her class.

She had her final dance recital with Mrs. Stephanie, and she had zero stage fright this year. Even Mrs. Stephanie was impressed with how she got on stage and performed without getting scared.

And she's been riding a two-wheeler since her training wheels finally fell off her three-and-a-half-year-old bike. It took some time to convince her that she could do it, but now that she has had some practice, she wants to ride her bike all the time.

And that's what's going on around here.

4 comments:

David and Emily Wilcock said...

Alright, totally stealing the sock idea! :)

The Smith Family said...

Oh My...I love the toilet pictures. Rebecca is getting so big...wow!

I like Rushelle's idea too...might have to try it on Cotlen.

Hope you're having a great day...it was great seeing you Sunday!

Autumn said...

Looks like you girls are setting a new trend with the socks :)

And the sleeping on the toilet pic is classic!!

Kiesel Klan said...

Well it looks like I started something. Too bad I'm being a bad example and not following through. Brady had a weak point the other night and went in and cut it off so I figured if he is not going to commit all the way then there is no point but you have inspired me to try again. I think I'll start Monday though because we got ALOT of weird looks on Sunday so I think I'll try and avoid doing that again.