So today I went to my school and found out (or was reminded actually) that we were being visited by Brian Sandoval:

He is the Republican candidate for governor for the state of Nevada. He beat out Governor Gibbons in the primary elections. I didn't get a picture this time because I honestly forgot that he was visiting today.
Brian Sandoval seemed like a good guy. He's very good looking, and he's quite young. (He mentioned having a first-grader.) He talked about education reform for Nevada, which I am all for since I think we are now ranked last in the country in education.
It's crazy to see these famous politicians at our humble little school. I'm guessing the name American Heritage Academy might be a draw for them. At least our school is being bipartisan in who they allow to visit.

2 comments:
I think it's such a cool experience to see these politicians up close and personal, especially with how crazy this year's elections are!
You people over at American Heritage must be pretty important because you are getting all the powerful people to come visit:) How is school going? Are you having a good year so far? Tell my mom hi because I'm sure you get to see her more often than I do now! Hope to see you soon!!
Post a Comment