Sunday, October 24, 2010

Growing Up

I've met parents who are so happy to see their children grow up and learn new things, and I would say that I am not one of those parents. Seeing my kids grow up makes me sad, and with Rebecca, I think this past year has been the hardest so far.

This year she learned to ride her bike without training wheels, she started going to school, and lately she's been reading a few words on her own. We took her to the dentist a few weeks ago for a cleaning, and she came out of her appointment showing us her loose tooth. Today she lost that tooth, and the one next to it is soon to follow.


I feel like I can't keep up with all of the new things going on with her! Is it going to slow down at all? Or is this the start of her learning and growing in a million ways every year until she's all grown up?

And I have to remember to have the Tooth Fairy visit Rebecca tonight and replace her lost tooth with a dollar. I have a feeling that the Tooth Fairy is going to forget since she's already scatterbrained, and now she has even more on her mind with all of the growing up going on at her house.

I have to include this picture I got of William today. For some reason after church he decided he needed to change into shorts with his black socks and church shoes. But he also put on a sweater since it's getting cold out. To me he looks like a rich old man who's ready to go sailing. At least with him the only growing I've noticed lately is in his feet and body.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Hey Em! I am so with you on this. The older they get the sadder it makes me. Time just goes by way too fast.

Julie T. said...

Yay Rebecca lost her first tooth! So exciting! Time definitely is flying by. . . you and me were just swinging on the stairs. . . now our kids are old enough to be doing that. . . crazy!!!

Wendy said...

Yep, he absolutely looks like an old man. It's the black socks. And I too wish my children would stop growing up. Well, okay, not the baby. He can get to the point where he can sit up by himself and THEN he can stop growing- that way I can set him down while I do things and stop worrying that he'll have a flat head.

Christa said...

I'm the same kind of Mom I think. I'm so sad that Ashlyn is getting bigger and growing up. I'm happy she's doing so well and is so smart, but I dearly miss those days when she was my teeny baby and I could snuggle on her all day long :)
PS- maybe the tooth fairy should set an alarm on her phone to remind her she has a pick up!

Jeremy and Taren said...

They are getting so big. I hate the growing up part. It goes way too quickly. Hope you guys are doing great!!