Wednesday, November 3, 2010

There's no discount for agreeing with me.

We had a fun Halloween weekend this year.

It started off Saturday with our ward's Trunk or Treat.

On our way out of the house: I didn't know if I would remember to get a picture of my kids in their costumes, so I snapped one right before we left for the church.

Matching Forest Pixies: I loved this $7 Target costume, and luckily, so did Rebecca. I thought it was way cuter than the $25 Tinkerbell costume, and apparently, Isa's mom thought so too.

Monkeys: I had to get a picture of these two monkeys. These busy boys (whose costumes fit their personalities) enjoyed hanging out in the hall together MONTHS before they were able to go to nursery since they both decided to walk before they turned one. In this picture, they were enthralled with Shrek who was helping clean up after dinner. The Shumways in our ward dressed up as Shrek, Fiona, Donkey, Puss in Boots, a baby dragon, and Gingi, and their costumes were awesome. Click here to see them.

We ate dinner and mingled and had a great time with our ward family. Our Activities' Committee ladies always know how to throw a great party.






After the ward party, we went to Kevin's parents' house for a Halloween party thrown by his sister Emily.

Here she is as Wonder Woman. She also throws a great party.

Emily told us that we weren't allowed to come to the party unless we dressed up, so I went as Flo from Progressive, and Kevin went as the Nationwide Blue Phone Guy (these costumes were suggested to us by Kevin's sister Laura). I'm okay with dressing up as long as it doesn't cost a lot. For these two costumes I paid $8 for white pants and an old phone from the DI and $3 for liquid eyeliner, red lipstick, and a headband from the dollar store.

Kevin's mom was the witch in Hocus Pocus played by Bette Midler. My dentist father-in-law made her these great fake teeth that made her look just like the witch in the movie. She's British (Scottish to be exact), and I think she's actually flipping us off in this picture.

Kevin's brother Bryan, who looks so cute eating his dinner at the little kids' table, dressed up for a little bit, but not long enough for me to get a picture...

...but I found this picture of him today on Facebook, so I stole it. Don't be fooled. Bryan is buff - he's sticking out his gut to look like Nacho Libre.

Kevin's Granny Bowman was an angel (or a Victoria's Secret model).

Melissa's boyfriend Kody (who was baptized earlier that day) brought his mom who dressed up like Smurfette.

We loved everyone's costumes, and it was so fun getting together. We're hoping that the Bowmans will throw another party next year.

On Sunday my brother had his annual Halloween party. I didn't get any pictures of that one, but we have a fun time at his parties every year.

I love Halloween, and I think I can say that this past Halloween weekend was my favorite ever.

4 comments:

Emilee said...

I still think you make a better Sarah Pallin! Lovin' the kids' costumes!

Julie T. said...

Everyone had such good costumes-you make a really good Flo! Its fun to dress up when you are going to a party- I am sad Halloween is over!

Hibbard Family said...

Great costumes and a way fun party! I've never truly dressed up for Halloween.. you always have good ones!

Wendy said...

Whoa, Kevin's brother looks so much like Kevin!! And I love your costumes. So original.