Rebecca turned 6. I'd like to say that I'm posting this late because I'm lazy or really busy, but that's not true. I wasn't going to post about her party for fear I would hurt feelings of anyone who wasn't invited, but today while looking through my pictures, I realized that I really want her party documented.
This party was Rebecca's first friend birthday party. We invited all the 6-year-olds and 5-turning-6-year-olds from church, our next door neighbor, 2 cousins, and 2 friends from across town, which turned out to be 15 friends! I told her not to tell anyone at school she was having a party because I don't think I could handle any more little girls! We sent cupcakes to school instead, and Rebecca has a nice party with mostly church friends.
The girls started out decorating sugar cookies and eating pizza. My sister-law Emily made the cookies and brought icing, food coloring, and sprinkles for decorating. The cookie decorating was a hit!
Then we moved to the couch for presents. This is where most of the girls started out.
Except for Natalie who sweetly helped Rebecca with her gifts.
Then they all started moving in to get a closer look. I love this picture of Braden in stride.
Lately Rebecca loves gumball machines at the store, so she was very happy to get her own personal gumball machine from Kaylie and Marissa.
Rebecca had a great time, and I am glad to have my first kid party out of the way. It was not as bad as I expected it to be.

2 comments:
Awww, she looks elated! And it sounds like you threw a perfect party. Congratulations to you and happy birthday to that sweet girl of yours.
Oh my goodness - Natalie gets that from me. I was that way when I was little - always had to be helping unwrap gifts. How embarrassing!!
Post a Comment