Saturday, February 19, 2011

Yo Quiero Taco Bell

We got a dog. My friend Holly offered him up on Facebook after her husband brought him home from work. The dog had been hanging around her husband's work for a few days acting cold and hungry, and since they already have a dog, they decided to give him to anyone who wanted him.

And that was us.



He's a chihuahua, and his name is Guillermo (pronounced ge-yer-mo). He is friendly to everyone (including our kids who constantly invade his personal space), but his favorite person is Kevin. When Kevin is home, he follows him wherever he goes. We're not sure how old he is, but he seems young.

I've wanted a dog for a little while now, and a chihuahua is the type of dog I've been considering. Two of my brothers have chihuahuas, and their dogs don't shed much, they hardly bark, and they are pretty good with kids - all things I was looking for in a pet.

And we've been loving this new addition to our family. Thanks, Holly!

1 comment:

Rachel B. said...

What a cute little guy! I love his name too. Reese asks me daily when we can get a dog. I always tell her when she's 7 (random). We know we will eventually get one, we just haven't been ready for the committment yet. You'll have to let me know how it goes and if it's not as much work as I've been nervous about.