Saturday, April 2, 2011

I got my blog book in the mail today...

The outside looks great!

The inside is a different story.

I was a little nervous when I opened my book and found this page in the front:

It says, "This book is dedicated to Dr. Grant Stevens, who made it possible for me to transform the lives of the many happy patients pictured in these pages." Hmmmm.

So I kept turning pages to find a book filled with these types of images:


These don't really look like posts I've done on my blog, do they? And I don't want to make my blog a porn site, so I'll leave out the 200+ pictures of before and after breast surgeries.

I am trying to be patient about this, but I am so angry - especially after I had to completely start over on my book. And to make matters worse, I'd really like to know how this is going to get fixed, but there is no phone number to call. There is only a place to submit emails. And my email will not be answered until Monday. Needless to say, I am not happy with Blurb right now.

Hopefully this gets fixed and fixed soon. I promise to show pictures of the finished product and be a happier person after I receive the book I put together.

24 comments:

Samye said...

OH MY HEAVENS!!! I can NOT believe that happened!! You should make some serious contacts to let them know what happened...and I say "demand" that they fix it AND give you your book for free. I think you can report them...not sure to where but there has to be something you can do!! So sorry this had to happen to you!!!

Debra Carroll said...

Oh what a nightmare! I agree with Samye - I'd complain that I was traumatized when I saw that junk and you should get your "corrected" book for free. Good luck!

The Kodak Moments of our Life said...

That is terrible! I'm glad you didn't ship it to family straight from the company. I totally agree... you should get a free book for that mess up.

Rachel B. said...

What?!?! Now those are some great family moments that I'm sure you will always treasure. I must admit that I had to laugh out loud when I first started reading this. It's just so RIDICULOUS that that's all I could do. Like everybody else, I completely agree that they not only (obviously) need to fix it, but for sure give it to you for free! What the h?

Emily B said...

Rachel - most people I've told so far have laughed about it. I would probably laugh too if I hadn't spent so much time working on it. I am still angry this morning. The book is sitting on my counter, and it makes me mad to look at it. I should probably hide it.

Amy said...

Holy cow!!! I would make them give me LOTS for free if you have to start over on your book. Getting it all ready is sooooooo much work!

Autumn said...

I know you're angry but I think it's hilarious! It's just so ironic since those pictures couldn't be farther from your actual book!

The Morrisons... said...

I am so sorry but that is pretty funny though! I hope you get it all figured out.

The Smith Family said...

I'm so sorry, that has to be frustrating, but it really made me laugh. I'm sure it will get fixed..xo

Rachel B. said...

Wait, are you saying that you have to start over now? Or that you had to start over at some other point during the process of making it? They should have it saved somewhere shouldn't they? They better!!!

Emily B said...

I had to start over on it after we bought a new computer. That's why it took me so long to finish. I have the book saved on my computer still, so if they don't have it, I can upload it to them again.

I better not have to start completely over on it.

Emily said...

Um that is the funniest thing I have ever heard. Sorry Em. I know how long those books take to make, but holy cow that's funny. I REALLY hope you get a free book out of this. At LEAST! Or maybe a free boob job from Dr. Stevens.

Emily B said...

Emily - Kevin told me that if I want a boob job, at least I can go through my book and figure out exactly what I want.

jenerekfamily said...

I was laughing so hard that I cried. They will FOR SURE give you a free book, you don't have to worry about that. For now, just think of what a hilarious blunder it was. Best. April. Fools. Joke. Ever.

Wendy said...

BWAHAHAHA! Well, it seems the doctor does good work, so at least there's that. Sorry, I can't think of anything helpful to say. Too busy snickering. (Don't throw anything at me.)

Alli Waldron said...

I would be PISSED if I was you. Those books take forever! Hopefully the company will right their mistake!

Jeremy and Taren said...

Wow, I have no words to say. That is freaking crazy. Did you save everything you had for your book? That would be horrible to have to start over. :( They better give you your book for free.

Julie T. said...

Your book is quite amazing to look at- especially because I was so lucky to flip through it last night. I hope they get it right and make sure that whoever got your book sends it back. I hopefully will get to look at the real one soon:)

Tom and Layne Fender said...

HAHAHAHA.. Emily this is hilarious!!!! thanks for sharing!!

Tom and Layne Fender said...

when you get your actual book (for free hopefully) i want to come see it!!! its such a great idea-- but i would've been seriously frustrated and angry too... but on the bright side--at least it a hilarious story for the future.

Diane Jaggi said...

Dang that sucks!

janet said...

that is seriously the funniest thing ever!

yeah for a happy ending and a free book!

Heather Bay said...

I know this kinda sucked, but is kinda hilarious, too. I'm glad they credited your account and you got your correct book quickly!!!

jake said...

Emily -- thank you so much for posting this. Made my day.