Monday, November 14, 2011

Halloween

This year we attended three different parties to celebrate Halloween. I LOVE when my kids get to wear their costumes multiple times.

Thursday night, my neighbors growing up had a backyard party with a fun DJ and some great food. Saturday night we had our ward's Trunk or Treat which was simple this year with a costume parade and candy hand-out. Since I went to both parties without Kevin, I was happy that they were short and sweet and that my kids still had a a fun time.

Kevin and I dressed up like Kate Middleton and Prince William. And no, I am not trying to be a pregnant Kate Middleton, and I don't need to make any announcements. I blame the dress, and my lack of motivation to work out lately.

We also had a dragon...
and a shark...

and a Little Mermaid.


My kids love these $1 buckets we got from Target. They wanted to make sure that their buckets were part of the pictures.

Here we are with Kevin's sister Laura the pirate and her daughter Katia who was Cinderella. We're on our way to my brother Travis's annual Halloween party. The weather this year was gorgeous, and all of the kids had a great time!

I love Halloween, and I love that it starts out the holiday season. Bring on Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Derek and Claire said...

I love that costume. You guys put the real Kate and William to shame. You actually look a lot like them. (And you look awesome, Emily- I don't know what the heck you're talking about.) Your kids are adorable as always, and Target rocks! I love the amazing stuff you can get there for a buck!

Julie T. said...

Your costumes are always so clever:)

Rachel B. said...

Emily, you are looking so dang pretty! I am especially loving your hair these days. It's so long and dark. And such a creative costume idea. Your kiddos, of course, are as darling as ever!