We waited all day Monday for a phone call or email update and didn't hear anything until 8:30 pm. I was a wreck that whole day! The phone call let us know the school still did not have what they needed to open Tuesday, and they were shooting for Wednesday. Then Tuesday they called to say they weren't ready for Wednesday, so now they would try to be open Thursday.
The hardest part for me at this point was that I had spent the entire summer deciding if I wanted to keep them at this charter school they had attended last year or if I wanted to enroll them at their public school. The new location for the charter school had moved farther away from our house, but I also hated the thought of having Rebecca in three different schools in three years. I ultimately decided to make the drive and keep them at the charter school, and all of this starting late business had me seriously doubting that I had made the right choice.
We got a call Wednesday afternoon letting us know that the school had what they needed and would be ready for the first day of school on Thursday.
Here they are all ready for their first day of 3rd grade and 1st grade. They love their teachers Ms. McCullough and Mrs. Howard. Looking back, it was nice to have them for a few unexpected days. I even took them on a tour of the California Pizza Kitchen on Wednesday I had signed Braden up for. They are happy to be back in school with their friends, and I'm happy to have a routine each weekday again. Hopefully there won't be any more surprises. :)

3 comments:
Oh wow - I bet they got an earful from a lot of parents! I would imagine they were very grateful for any parents like you who were able to roll with it. How frustrating! But good for you for finding the silver lining and having some fun!
So glad it finally all worked out!
That is so bizarre! That was probably so sad for some of the kids who were so excited to start. (And maybe a little exciting for those who weren't. :) Glad they figured it out!
Post a Comment