Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Crazy Drivers

Just after Christmas my brother gave us their Barbie Jeep. His girls are too old for it, and his boys got a little boy car for Christmas because my brother hated seeing his two sons drive up and down the street in a pink Jeep. We hadn't been able to get Rebecca interested in riding around in it. She would ask us to pull it out of the garage every once in a while, but she would sit in it for a couple of minutes and move on to something else. Whenever she would try to drive it, she would get frustrated by hitting the rocks or shifting from forward gear to reverse gear, and she would just give up on it.

Yesterday our neighbor Madisen the daredevil showed her how it's done.
Madisen wasn't afraid to just drive. She went up hills, through rocks, and over bushes, and loved every minute of it.


Here they are driving to the dead end road at the end of our street. They could drive all over down there instead of around in circles in the driveway.

Rebecca eventually took a turn to drive on the dead end road. This is the most she's played with the car since we got it. We're glad Madisen could come over and show her how fun it is.

Emilee - if I were you I wouldn't get Madisen a 4 x 4 when she starts driving. That kid is fearless!

9 comments:

About Me said...

Hopeful Rebecca doesn't follow in her mom's footstep of off-roading either!j/k That is so cute!!

Rachel B. said...

I LOVE the picture of them driving off into the sunset. Very cute.

Kiesel Klan said...

That is the cutest DANG picture I have ever seen. That really makes me want to have a girl.

Jon and Ashley said...

That is so darling. It is funny how when kids see other kids doing things, it suddenly becomes okay and fun. It doesn't matter how many times we tell them it is fun.

Valerie said...

That's a regular "Thelma and Louise" shot if ever there was one :)

John and Heather Davis said...

I always wanted a jeep when I was a kid! Now Jaden and Bradley both have one and love them!! I just hate that they cant hear me yelling to them when their cruisen down the street!

Bobbi Leavitt said...

Hooray! I found you. I knew you had a blog out there somewhere! Youre fam is so cute!

David and Emily Wilcock said...

I think it is funny in the first pictures Rebecca looks like she it studying Madisen as if thinking, "How are you doing that?" Too cute!

Julie T. said...

Look out! Travis didn't like his macho boys driving the pink jeep?? Probably a good move because Rebecca looks cuter in it!