Saturday we got up early and went snowboarding up at Heavenly, and it was heavenly. Lake Tahoe is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. It is the best of both California and Utah mixed together in one place. The snowboarding was great too. They still had a 100 inch base and we were boarding in T-shirts. It was great.
That night we went to the Temple. My sister was so beautiful. She has been wanting to go to the Temple since she was a kid. I remember when she turned 18, she asked the bishop if she could just go ahead and go through. I have never seen anyone so attentive, and observant. She just took it all in. Then she got nailed. Sunday, after we got home from church, and before our flight home, the Bishop came over to their house and called her to be the Primary President.
Anyway, I had a great time - except that my family wasn't there. I missed Emily and the kids pretty good. But I am so glad I went. It was awesome. I am so proud of my sister, and her husband is such an awesome guy.

8 comments:
We love Tahoe too, Kevin! So glad you had a good time. Maybe Rob and I can convince you guys to move up there when we do, so then we could be neighbors again :) Yea for your sister too. That's where I went before Rob and I got married too. I love that temple.
I love the fact that you blog. I try so hard to get Jon to do it, and he just doesn't get it. Your sister is absolutely beautiful. That is fun for you to go up and see your family.
I'm glad to see Brady is not the only guy who enjoys being part of the blogging thing. We should boarding sometime. I loved snowboarding in tahoe too. we went to squaw though but any place in tahoe is awesome.
Hi - this is Heidi again. The one you met a long time ago. Is Kevin's dad a dentist and also a great drummer? Does he live in the Sandstone Stake? If so I think he is the drummer for our stake play this weekend. How funny. What a small world. Are you coming to see the play? If so it would be fun to say hi to you Emily.
Hi Emily!
This is Marie Davis Driscoll - I found your blog through Cynthia's and have checked in from time to time to read about your cute family - it's so fun to catch up on you! I wanted to make sure you've heard about the retirement party coming up for Marsha Borovicka - if you haven't, will you email me and I'll send you the details? My address is mariedriscoll@gmail.com. Thanks!
Hey Emily! This is Jen Seeley (Swanbeck), I too found your blog through another person. But I'm glad I did. You kids are so cute.
Hi Bowman family. I just wanted to let Kevin know what a wonderful testimony he gave today. I really felt the spirit!
Thanks!
It so wonderful that you were able to be there for your sister on such an important and wonderful day in her life!
Hey Emily- so I started to read the Twilight series and LOVE them!! I'm reading Eclips now and can wait for the next book. John is torn because he is so happy that I am reading, but now I am reading all the time! It's kinda taken over my life, I just cant put it down! Thank you so much for turning me on to them. Now all I have to do is find a better balance between life and reading!
Post a Comment