Thursday, May 8, 2008

A Girl And Her Cousin

When Rebecca was four months old, my brother Travis called to ask if he could drop two of his kids off at our house while he and his wife went to find out if they were having a boy or a girl. When I asked them what they wanted to have, they said they would like a boy so that he could share a room with their youngest son Gage. I wanted them to have a girl (to play with my little girl, of course). When they got back they announced that Gage would have a little playmate soon. I was disappointed.

Since Ryder (Travis and Wendy's baby boy) turned two, he has just loved Rebecca.

Whenever we have family get-togethers, these two are inseparable.

This picture is from when they first really started playing together. This was taken last summer when William was a couple months old.

Here they are watching a movie together during our trip to Mexico last November. It was during this trip that Ryder really learned how to push Rebecca's buttons. Just like me, she can't stand being teased. Ryder figured this out, and they fought the whole time. She kept saying, "No, this is mine," and he would immediately go up and take whatever it was she was claiming. Of course she would then start screaming. It was pretty entertaining.

When we were getting ready to leave my brother's house last Sunday, we found these two outside doing this. They always find fun things to do together.

It didn't really matter that Ryder was born a boy - he and Rebecca still enjoy playing together. I hope they never grow out of loving each other.

8 comments:

Cort, Kimi, Metz and Chase said...

Have fun with R :) I found a great web site for kids crafts. If you put kids crafts in on google it will come up with a DLTK, I know it starts with D. That is where I got the ears and they have a ton of fun ideas. Good luck! We also read books that had rhymes.

The Kodak Moments of our Life said...

They are so cute together. Emily and Ryder are just like Dallin and his girl cousin Ava. They have such a love hate relationship. It's so fun though.

Hibbard Family said...

They are really cute together - I loved having cousins my age. We could fight and fight but at the end of the day you still had to love each other... like another set of siblings :)

David and Emily Wilcock said...

Isn't great to go to a family get together and have someone else entertain your kids. I love that Spencer has cousins his age to play with! His closest cousins has a biting problem but Spencer still loves him to pieces!

Julie T. said...

Awww. . . a little mini-Travis and a little mini-Emily! They are so cute together:)

Julie T. said...

Hey Emily- is Kevin's dad in a commercial for a lawyer?

Rachel B. said...

He's totally a little Travis. He looks just like him. How cute. That's so fun that they are such good little friends. It makes me want to live closer to family so Reese can be close to her cousins.

And yes, Michael is single and ready to mingle. And your sister-in-law is way cute! Hook it up!

Sara B said...

how fun to have cousins close by and close to the same age!