Friday, May 30, 2008

Memorial Day

My oldest sister Denise has three horses. The last time we went to see them as a family was when my sister Jodi was pregnant with her oldest son. That was thirteen years ago. We were long overdue for a trip out to Boulder City to see the horses, so Denise decided to take all of us out there with our kids for Memorial Day.

This is Nelson with Denise's husband Buck. (Yes, my kids have an Uncle Buck. We were so excited about that when Rebecca was born.) The riders are Abbey, Tyler, Jodi, and Hailey. Nelson used to live at Willie Nelson's ranch. Nelson's brother's name was Willie. Go figure.

This is Wyatt with my brother Bret and his daughter Hannah. Wyatt is the son of Denise's other horse Sugar. Sugar's not great with kids, so she wasn't brought out to ride, but we visited her later with some apples. Hannah is two, and she started off riding with Bret. She wasn't happy with him on the horse with her, so she made him get off and rode all by herself.

Even the babies took a turn. I know these all look like the same baby, but the top pictures are William and the bottom are Spencer. William was so happy we was kind of singing. You can see it in the top left picture.

Wyatt started getting tired and quit walking so my brother had to start leading him around the corral again. Buck, who happens to work in the same office as Kevin, made me get a picture of Kevin being led around so that Buck could pass it around the office for everyone to laugh at.

Here are just a few other pictures of Wyatt with Rebecca, Whitney, and Abbey. I was so happy that Rebecca wanted to have a ride. She was especially fond of Wyatt because she loves to watch Super Why.

Thanks for taking us to see the horses, Denise. We need to visit them more often.

13 comments:

About Me said...

Looks like you had a great weekend, however, here is the picture of Emily on the horse???

Jon and Ashley said...

I love to ride horses. It is one of my favorite things. Rebecca looks so tiny on that great big horse. Your kids are way to cute.

Sara B said...

What a fun thing to do!

Cari said...

Rebecca looks too cute on the horse.. and all by herself, what I brave girl! and I love that you have an Uncle Buck, classic!!

Billy and Lizzie Calban said...

Hello...beautiful! I have been a fair weather blogger lately but I wanted to stop by and see what your up to!

The Smith Family said...

That is so awesome! I bet the kids had tons of fun. When Amber and I were little, a woman in our ward had horses and we were able to ride them every once in awhile. It was so much fun!!!! It's still one of my favorite childhood memories :)

Cynthia said...

Ohhhhh horses scare me. I think I had a traumatic experience in the premortal life or something. But it looks like your kids loved them! Looks like a lovely day!

Lindz said...

Wow horses! I have only been on a horse once! It sure looks like fun!

David and Emily Wilcock said...

I love horses and so does Spencer, he would have loved that! Funny story- Spencer loves Super Why too and everytime he wears his batman cape, he is not batman, he is Super Why!

Valerie said...

Looks like lots of fun. I particularly like the picture of Kevin being led around by your brother. I thought Scottish lads were supposed to be good with horses (I'm thinking Braveheart here). Too funny!

John and Heather Davis said...

Looks like everyone had a BLAST!! What a fun Memorial Day activity! Love William's face. Too CUTE!!

The Kodak Moments of our Life said...

That is so funny that Emily loves SuperWhy; Dallin is a bit obsessed with it. He runs around singing all the songs and pretending to be SuperWhy. So cute!

Katie said...

I LOVE horses! Case in point: For my 16th birthday my parents took me to a dude ranch in Wyoming. Yah, I'm that cool.

Looks like you guys had fun! I'm jealous! Oh and I heart Super Why!