- William has successfully learned how to go down the stairs.
When he first started crawling, he immediately started going up the stairs, so I immediately went out and bought a baby gate. I remembered that we never had a gate for Rebecca. She learned to go down stairs at my mom's house while we were waiting to move into our house. My mom has a million stairs, so she had to learn to go down the stairs there.
I decided that I would rather teach him how to go down stairs than have to climb over a baby gate all day long going up and down the stairs. So I took the gate back, and I'd been worried about William falling down the stairs ever since. I still have to watch him go down to make sure he doesn't turn around and dive head first, but now I'm not as worried about him.
- Rebecca has successfully stuck with her new dance class.
A few months ago I signed Rebecca up for a gymnastics class at the community center her cousins go to. She went to two classes and had a great time. Then at her next class she started screaming at her teacher until her teacher finally made her leave the class. She wouldn't even go inside the gym the next time I tried taking her. I loved taking her to her gymnastics class because it gave me a set errand that got me out of the house every week, so I was quite disappointed when she didn't want to go anymore.
Two months ago she asked me if she could go to dance, and I was a little worried, but I really wanted her to have a fun class to go to. I signed her up with Miss Stephanie where Emilee takes Madisen. We started at the beginning of this month, and I didn't post about it because I didn't know if she would want to keep going. She has gone to three classes, and she really likes Miss Stephanie. When I ask her if she wants to keep going to dance, she says, "Yes!" When I would ask her if she wanted to go to gymnastics, she would say, "I don't want to go to gymnastics." Maybe it was the teacher. Who knows?
Emilee - thanks for letting us borrow Madisen's dance shoes and clothes while we figured out if Rebecca would stick with this.
- Kevin has successfully finished his last and most demanding film class for his film degree.
Toward the middle of this past semester he said to me, "I think I'm going to have to retake my portfolio class because I'm not going to be able to finish everything I need for my portfolio." I told him that I would try to leave him alone and give him more time to work on his projects. He was able to throw some things together, and he just finished the class with a B. I'm so happy for him.
I'm feeling pretty good about all of the success going on in our house.

13 comments:
Your week has been full of success! I am so glad that Kevin got a B. It is always a relief when the babies can go down the stairs. And I must say, Rebecca looks darling in her dance costume. You will have to post a video of it.
Oh my gosh, it is the BEST when they finally learn how to go down the stairs right. Reese took quite a few tumbles before she learned. And how cute does Rebecca look in her little leotard. I couldn't help but laugh that she yelled at the teacher. I'm sure it wasn't funny for you though. And yeah for Kevin!
Both Rebecca and William look so proud, and they should! Hands up to them, hooray!
You are so brave for trusting William to go down the stairs backwards. He does a great job. Dallin was too stubborn to do it the way we taught him... And Rebecca looks too cute in her dance outfit.
Jaxon is currently in the obsessed with stairs but only knows how to go up stage. It is really fun since the only place we can put a gate it three stairs up so they would still tumble onto tile! We do have two stair into our living room we call our practice stairs! Too cute pics! Way to go Kevin!
Congrats on all the successes! Your kids are so cute and your hubby's a hard worker! Can't wait to see more films.
Isnt it such a relief when you dont have to worry so much about the stairs!
Jaden was the same way when I had her in ballet. She would also try to do the teaching, and get mad when no one followed her lead. She would go and sit be the mirrors and pout!
So does Kevin get his degree this summer? What a relief to be able to move on to working in the profession that he has been working towards! How exciting!
I think that this year John and I are going to get passes to Disneyland. With Disneyland so close it makes for a great getaway! I'm glad that you guys were able to get there one last time before they expired.
Hey did you read Stephanie Meyers new book THE HOST? I was kinda back and forth about reading it, but did and really liked it! I was a bit surprised because I'm not one for aliens, but it was good!
It is always a good feeling when everyone is doing well in life:) Congrats to all the accomplishments- and it is all because Mommy Bowman helped in all areas!!
Man, your kids are CUTE! Have I mentioned that already? Congrats on all the good news around your house!
Congratulations on all your SUCCESS!!! Stairs stress me out, I"m glad my stairs are kinda hidden out of the living room area, I still don't trust Kaden on the stairs by himself!
Way to go William, Rebecca, and Kevin!
That is exciting he learned to go down stairs. I think that is a really big milestone. I agree about not having to worry about a gate, that is just tooo hard.
Three cheers for everyone in your house! Wahoo! Love Rebecca in her cute tights. I will seriously adopt her if you ever feel like getting rid of her! I love that girl!
Post a Comment