Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

Our 4th of July was awesome this year. There's nothing like getting together and enjoying hamburgers from the BBQ, the swimming pool, watermelon, fireworks - all things American. We spent it at my brother Travis's house this year, and it was a blast! I forgot to take my camera with me, which I have been doing a lot lately. I might just start keeping it in my purse. I really don't like to post without pictures, but there are a few things I want to remember about this year:

  • The $8 blow-up pool toys shaped like jet skis my brother got from Smith's that the kids just LOVED
  • Rebecca floating in the pool with floaties for the first time
  • William walking off the edge of the pool expecting someone to save him
  • The legal fireworks we bought from a fireworks' stand that would shoot fiery poppers in all directions (I really think these ones might need to be outlawed. The poppers were getting close to cars and PEOPLE! My nephew even had a burn mark on the back of his shirt.)
  • The firework previously mentioned that shot fiery poppers into my brother's neighbor's yard and caught one of the grassy bushes on FIRE! (The fire in the bush blew up so fast that it was just inches away from the tree above it. I saw it all in my head - the bush, and then the tree, and then the house on fire. Luckily Kevin did a little firefighter training while testing for the fire department, and he smothered the fire with a box before it got out of control.)
  • The "Grand Finale" $40 firework that my niece Brooke took apart as she was figuring out how to open it (My brother put it back together, and it still made a great "Grand Finale".)

Thanks for having us over for the 4th, Travis and Wendy. You guys always throw great parties.

10 comments:

Rachel B. said...

See, now that's what I miss about not living in Vegas...getting together with family (even if it involves fireworks). That's so nice that you are able to get together with them. And I'm glad Keving used his manly firefighting skills to good use. Scary. My parents had a very similar experience. The trash can caught on fire right underneath the huge pine tree in their front yard.

John and Heather Davis said...

Way to be quick on your toes Kevin!! Crazy scary! I love the 4th of July! (unexpected fire break outs and all)

Sara B said...

sounds like you had a great 4th! How fun to have family in town.

Alison Carter said...

Those are some good memories! It wouldn't be a good 4th of July with out at least one close call! Glad you got the fire out and that you guys had a fun day! That blow up toy for the pool sounds way cool, I'll have to look into that.

About Me said...

Sounds like an exciting day! Glad you had a great time

Jon and Ashley said...

What a great fourth. I missed you guys while we were gone. We need to get together before my surgery next week. Also, per your widget, breaking dawn in 25 days. I hope you are still up for the midnight party.

Leah and Dustin said...

I love 4th of July...minus all of the really scary parts!!!

Valerie said...

Happy 4th to you guys. Wish we could've been there to see Kevin's heroic efforts :)

The Kodak Moments of our Life said...

That is so scary that William did that. Dallin did that too last summer and it terrified me. Good job Kevin putting out the fire!

Julie T. said...

We also had a close call too! Luckily none of us burned down any houses!! Long time no see. . . we need to get together.