So I talked to my mom on Sunday and found out that they aren't moving to Utah as soon as I thought. The real estate market is not great right now, so they are going to stay in their current house, fix it up, and wait for home prices to go back up a little bit. Then they will sell that house and move to their property in New Harmony. For now, the property up there will be used as a "vacation home".
You can imagine how relieved I was to hear this news from my mom. I can admit that I'm a total mama's girl, and I'm not ready for her to leave town just yet. Plus, I just barely started taking FREE piano lessons from her, and I don't want to start paying someone else for those.
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
That's good news! The market there is so lousy right now. My folks practically gave their house away, which makes me sad. Did you take lessons when you were growing up? Good for you - I wish I could play. I took lessons for 8 years and never got past level 3. I guess I'm a lost cause.
I don't blame you for not wanting your mom to go. I love when my mom comes to visit, and I am always so sad when she goes.
I didn't know they were planning on moving to Utah. I remember you saying they were going to move, but Utah?! Come on now first the Rancks, then the Davises, and now your parents. Stop the madness!!! I'm glad they're staying put for a while. That's cute that you're taking lessons from your mom.
P.S. Are you dying that there are only 3 days left to Breaking Dawn? I had no idea what it was when I first saw your blog entry about it. Then I went to Barnes & Noble and it all became clear. :)
That's great that your Mom gets to stay for a while longer. What would we do without Mom's! :-)
I would die if my parents moved so I totally feel your pain especially with the piano lesson bonus. But New Harmony is nice and like we talked about you would have a babysitter near Brian Head
Yeah, it SUCKS being away from Mom. Believe me!!! I actually want to move back- but, like you said w/ the market being so bad- I don't think our house will sell :(
Sometimes it can be a little much but I LOVE having my family here, especially my mom. There's something comforting about having a mom close by!
We are all glad to hear that Enessy and Larraine will be around a bit longer! Since I told them about them moving, my parents have been so sad.
It was so fun going to lunch with you today. We need to make it a more frequent event:)
Yay! That will be so much fun to continue to have your mom around. Here's to piano lessons!
I am totally a mama's girl too! It is hard to live so far away. ugh.
That is awesome that you are taking piano lessons :)
Yeah, that Breaking Dawn will be out in two days!
You and Ashley are so funny. You picked out that one saying out of all of them. I thought I was being sneaky. Yes, I am almost 18 weeks. Thank you for your comment. Hope you and your family are doing wonderful!
Man, what will Mormon Acres be without the Ficklins there? It's the end of an era.
Post a Comment