Here's what you do:
1. Leave a comment about a memory you have with me. It doesn't matter if you know me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. If you want to put this on your blog, let me know in your comment. I will come to your blog and leave you a comment about a memory I have with you. If you don't want to do this on your blog, I will put my memory of you in my comments. (So make sure you come back to this post to see what memory I have about you.)
Friday, July 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

32 comments:
I remember... ditching computer class all the time to come and sit in choir with you... cheer camps... you always sticking your tongue out when we would learn a new routine... your truck getting saran wrapped/ toilet papered like 3 times in 1 night- you ended up parking inside our gate! I have tons of fun memories with you Em!
I remember stomping lemonade out at stateline on crazy busy days, and I remember swinging by your house on days where I had both Kaelyn and Kaylee so that the girls could play. :)
Laurie
I remember our first pedicure too. That was so much fun. Then we went to lunch and had that sex talk with Valerie. It was so much fun. I still can't believe after everything I told you, you still like Nathan Osmond.
Christa - I remember when we went and watched G I Jane at an empty day care that the Mohler's owned, and you hooked up with Loren. Oh, and the time we found a diaper and put chocolate sause and nuts in it and put it on Truman's car. I remember before cheerleading tryouts we were so nervous, and your mom said a prayer with us. I have so many, I want to put them all.
Laurie - I'm so glad you left a comment. I remember seeing you with your mom at Old Navy and realizing that our girls were just days apart in age. I remember when you sent me to the casino to get change after I turned 21 so that I could get carded. And your bachelorette party - all I can say is that those hats were disgusting.
Ashley - I totally forgot about lunch afterwards and the weird waitor we had who walked up on us as we were having those sex talks. Good times!
Uhm - way too many to mention! Pretty much all the best memories I have from high school involve you - Hawaii, ditching like everyday during high school - especially the time we went to see Cory's homecoming and we didn't even know him, forensics stuff, Sadie Hawkins that didn't quite work out so well, riding around with Matt H. and Marco in his truck when you had a crush on him, seeing Kenny butt-naked in the Mohler's pool, New Years Eve - BBBRR!! Oh yeah, and that you spent your 16th birthday in Escalante over spring break with me.
Oh my gosh, Kellie. I have been thinking about what I wanted to pick for you. You picked all the ones I was thinking about. There are so many - your senior ditch day when we got stuck in Brian Head because of snow, even though I know we would have stayed there even if we didn't get stuck (and someone telling your mom that we were there), going to visit you all the time when you worked at Abercrombie, the dry lake with all of the pyros, you guys taking me up to Salt Lake with you during college for your friend's brother's farewell and also to stay with your other friend to go to Park City, moving home from Provo with Jeff E. and stopping to hang out with you guys with all of my stuff in the back of his truck. My favorite memories from high school and even most of college involve you too. Thanks for letting me tag along with you and Stephen and all of his friends.
I remember driving to Assurance with you in your red bronco. And girls camp. Ohhhhh girls camp. Good times.
5th...
grade...
camp...
it was a race between me and Joe Baker to captivate your attention at the "dance". All my 5th grade self could think about was how awesome you were in your stylish Guess jeans. Those were the days.
ohhh and don't forget the Vans. You were to Tomiyasu what Lisa was to Bayside High School.
Cynthia - I remember when you asked me if I wanted that job at Assurance at a young women's activity. I was so flattered that you wanted to give it to me. I also remember driving us there in my red Bronco, and how it would just die, and I would have to get it started again as it kept rolling down the road.
Jake - I remember that I conned you into taking me to the 5th grade camp dance so that I wouldn't have to go with Joe (who really caught me off guard when he asked me). I was such a jerk. I also remember how you guys organized scripture study when we were teenagers. All I could think was, "How does Jake know so much about the scriptures? I don't get any of this out of them when I read."
Emily! I don't have many memories with you, which makes me sad.
One that sticks out in my mind is when I ran into you at the Vegas temple. We were both getting on the big side of our pregnancies, but of course you looked MUCH cuter. But I had only seen you at one, maybe 2 other ICAN meetings and didn't really know you yet. I just remember having a peaceful feeling (hello, environmental factor!) and knew that our births were going to be great. Little did I know that they would even be on the same day!!!!
PS I'm totally doing this on my blog - how fun!
When we met and started talking in your kitchen (about certain nameless boys). I was like, "This girl is RAD."
New Year's Eve when I was pregnant and we ate brie and crackers (and I ate a whole bag of mixed vegetables) and watched Bill Cosby standup.
Katie - I'm going to post my memory of you on your blog.
Wendy - So many memories...what to choose...New years eve was a great time. That was my first time having brie, and I loved it, and that's saying a lot because I hate cheese. I remember moving home from BYU and going to the singles ward, and you were in it. I was so excited because I thought you were so cool when you came and stayed with us in Provo. Then I remember getting married and moving into the Coronado ward, and you were in that ward too. I must enjoy following you around. Maybe we'll move to Utah, and we'll end up in your ward again.
I have to say that it was difficult narrowing down the memories and Kellie went and stole quite a few!However, I can add during our trip to Escalante when we sang Puff Daddy the entire weekend I think Loren Marshall wanted to KILL us! Or the time we filled the entire bed of your truck with water, just to see if it would hold, I think we were with Wes Lefler for some reason.
Brook - I remember that humongous group we were part of for homecoming and how we all squished into the Christensen's small house for dinner. I remember Kellie and I visiting you in Cedar while we were still in high school. I felt so cool hanging out with college kids. And I remember you going with me to the singles ward after I moved back to Vegas so that I wouldn't have to go by myself for the first time.
Emily, I'm sure you won't remember this, but I remember the first time I met you-- it was before the ward split and was during an enrichment night. We were having a dinner and both sat at the same table with the Gwinns sp? (Mother and daughter). Anyway...you were so easy to talk to and open and easy to relate to, and I remember thinking that you seemed like such a good, happy, cute, and sweet person-- and I was right!
Where do I start. . . riding our bikes to 7-11 to get super- big gulps (one of us always dropped ours on the way home), "twirling" on the stairs, playing "Star Search" and having Jessie be the judge (whoever lost was always really mad!), going to "Stars" together for dance, going to Mexico with your family and drinking virgin pina coladas, freshman cheer with all the drama, the virgin mafia, Spice girls, San Diego spring break, singing in the street at Jessica's, three Thanksgivings every year, staying at Mandalay Bay our Senior year (a lot of stories go with that but we won't go into all that:)), always knowing that you were my friend and always having fun with you:), and now we get together with our kids and I still LOVE talking to you and remembering all of the funny stories!!
Jane - I totally remember that enrichment night. I've always wondered if you remembered it. I remember that Vaughn was just like two months old, so that was a long time ago. I also remember when you asked me about Dr. Groom, and then you actually went to him. It made me feel good that you trust me. He really is such a great doctor, and I hope this birth is more like the one you wanted with Vaughn.
Julie - Oh my heck. All of your birthday parties at Chuck E. Cheese/Pistol Pete's growing up, spending the night at your house the night your mom went into labor with Jeff, Wet 'n Wild during the summers. I remember when we asked for those pina coladas, and the Mexican bartender started to put alcohol in them, and we were like TEN YEARS OLD. My dad letting us shift the stick shift whenever he took us to 7-11, riding the bus to Jo Mackey (and how you beat all of the guys in arm wrestling), "You can't say 'um' or 'like' and if you do you have to...", Brian Head during senior ditch day (and all of the stuff Dawn told you when you took her home), how you took me home all of the time from Provo because I was always homesick. I'm so glad we are still friends after all of these years. I need to come over and see how big that baby boy is getting!
Your comment on Leah's blog reminded me of anther memory ( I can't believe I forgot this one). . . camping at San Onofre where we got scared and slept in my car (well me and jessie got scared- you were passed out because you had just gotten your wisdom teeth pulled and had the good pain meds!)
I am jealous- when are you guys going to camp?
I met you through Rebecca.. and I fell in LOVE with her during the first Sunday. I will never forget her busting out "Ut's a Small World" during a silent playdough hour. I remember you pregnant with William, but I think the first night I really got to know you was Girls Night Out gone WILD.. with all the sex talk. I remember thinking that you were much more risky than my first impressions of you (sweet, naive, etc) I love how passionate you are about Twilight (and how you wear it on your sleave) I also will NEVER forget Kevin talking in his excellent vampire accent. Good times.. hopefully lots more ahead!
So silly, but the first thing that always comes to mind is sleepovers and watching "Grease" and "Chipmunk Adventure." Then of course being in "Stars" together and making up random dances when we'd go to each other's houses to play.
"Silly Noting" guys' houses when we were a little bit older. Picking plums from your trees and sitting in your hot-tub eating them. Your freaky jack-in-the-box toy that I'd play with and cry at every time the clown popped out. You probably don't remember this one, but one time we were in front of your house and we rolled up paper to make it look like cigarettes and pretended like we were smoking. Then Travis came out of nowhere and said, "Oooo Emily, you're in trouble." I'm sure there are a ton more, but I'll end with that. What a fun post! Oh my gosh, I just remembered this and I'm almost positive you were a part of it...the giant purple weiner pillow at Jenny and Missy's house!
Oh my gosh I just read your entry about "scripture study." That was totally our lovely excuse to get the guys and girls together before we were 16. Those were my Drew love affair days.
Rachel - I remember getting a call from you almost every day, "Can you come play?" If you didn't call me, I called you. I'm pretty sure my very first conversations on the phone were with you. I remember the movie drawer your parents had with the BEST movies. Most of my favorites are ones that we used to watch all the time: "Strictly Ballroom", "Grease" 1 AND 2 (when people say they don't like the second one I just don't relate), and of course "Chipmunk Adventure". I really want to get that one for Rebecca. I remember when we learned the "Hey Baby" dance by Paula Abdul, and we called the radio station over and over again to play it so we could record it and practice our dance. I remember your short lived crush on Loren Marshall. I remember going ona date with Wes while you guys were dating so that you guys weren't "exclusive". I think you even asked me out for him. There are a ton more, but one of my favorites is from college. I was walking home from the gym on 9th East, and you must have seen me in your car. You turned on the side street where I was walking and left your car to catch me and talk to me. It was so good to see you and get caught up a little bit. I'm so glad that I reconnected with you through blogging, Rachel. You'll always be one of my favorite friends, my sister from another mother.
I know this is so late, but I wanted to include my memories of you. I remember meeting you at church and how excited I was that I finally got to meet you after having met Kevin tons of times before when he and Rob played hockey together. I remember hanging out at each other's houses so our little ones could play (I really miss that). I remember going shopping with you at the Galleria and how you'd set Rebecca's sippy cup down and forget about and then we'd have to go back and try and find it. I remember going with you to get your car's windows tinted, which turned out to be so much fun. I also remember getting pedicures with you and Ashley and the fun conversation we had at lunch. I'll never forget how nice you and Kevin are and how you guys were the only ones to come help us load up the moving truck when we had to move and how I cried saying goodbye to you. You're such a great friend, Emily, I just love ya.
So this idea is too cute. I think I would put it on my blog if I had more friends that blogged. :) Emily you will be forever famous in my mind as the girl who saved me when I had Spencer 2 1/2 weeks early. I still can't believe how willing you were to get your liscense and sub for me and then how BAD my 6th period was! I still can't believe Sharday came back and tortured you it's not like she was going to pass, she hadn't been in months! Also, I remember the year we tried to do the progressive dinner at new year's and no one came. It was a little embarassing!
Valerie - I remember when we met at church, too. Rob was talking to Kevin, and you just looked at me and said, "I'm Valerie." I remember trying to watch "Return To Me" at your house, and we just kept talking through the whole thing. I remember when you guys took us to the buffet at the Orleans and then to the hockey game. We always had so much fun together. I wish you could move back to Las Vegas. But if you end up in No. Nevada, at least we'll be a little closer to you guys. And if we can get Owen and Rebecca together, we could be family!
Emily - I will never forget your sixth period class. I think they are the reason why I stay away from subbing now. I remember your progressive dinner. I'm sorry I bailed out. Rebecca shouldn't have been born when it happened, but when it came time for the party, I had just gotten her from the hospital, and I didn't want to leave her for too long. If you want to invite us again, Kevin doesn't work at night anymore, and if we commit, we won't be flakey next time. I remember how we had most of our classes together when we both started getting to the end of college, and I remember it was in geometry that I realized you were mormon. I think I saw your garments through your shirt. I said to myself, "that girl is going to be my friend."
I had so much fun reading all of your comments...HILARIOUS!!
I remember that even though you were younger than me I thought you were so fun and my sisters getting mad at me cause you were "their friend" OOPS!!! I still think you're great!!
Leah - you were always the cool older sister. I remember the twins and I hanging out in your room whenever I came over to play. And I remember that you introduced us to Nair while I was over one day. That stuff kills!
Just a few days late, but had to comment anyway and share the memory I think about every time I think about you.
We were in 6th grade and it was Christmas break. Then, I would always feel down around Christmas, because thats when my mom died. I would also put myself through pity parties around that time, convincing myself that I had no friends. And on Christmas Day you called me to see what presents I had gotten. It made me feel so good and made me realize that for the first time in a long time that I wasnt alone.
Scripture study!! Loved those days and the pool parties that we would have with our group. Great times!!
Heather - I forgot about that from sixth grade. My memory about you is from sixth grade, too. I remember when we rode the bus, and you came on one day and told us about your new boyfriend (Peter?). I felt so ugly because no one ever wanted to be my boyfriend. I also remember the year you brought Candie and I brought Anzlee and Jessica to girl's camp, and we all hung out with Ronda and Lizzie and Becky. That was such a fun year.
And Heather - I am so excited for Breaking Dawn, I can hardly stand it.
Ahh yes Peter. Silly kid tried to stick his tongue down my throat, YUCK!!!
I loved that year at girls camp! Sometimes I wish I could go back and relive some of those moments!
Post a Comment