Sunday, August 24, 2008

Happy 28th Birthday, Kevin!

Today is Kevin's 28th birthday. To celebrate we invited his parents and brothers and sisters over for Kevin's favorite dinner and ice cream cake.

Kevin's parents brought him two cakes for his birthday - a mint chocolate chip cake and this cute Hannah Montana cake.

Rebecca got to help him blow out his candles, and as you can see, she was so excited to help out.

Here is a list of 28 things that Kevin loves (according to Emily and in no particular order).

1. eating (anything, especially steak)

2. his kids

3. playing hockey

4. camping at Mammoth

5. snowboarding

6. cooking

7. grilling

8. watching good movies

9. making good movies

10. the Gospel

11. playing tennis

12. classical music (his CD collection consists mainly of movie background music)

13. anything made by Apple

14. his family

15. swimming

16. working out

17. working hard

18. wrestling with his brother Bryan

19. teaching others about the Gospel

20. fontwons and beef noodles from Chinatown

21. hanging out with his friends from high school

22. helping others in need

23. being handy and building things

24. watching tennis

25. watching UFC

26. Lord of the Rings

27. surprising others

28. and of course his lovely wife Emily

Happy birthday, Kevin! I hope you had a great year!

13 comments:

Jon and Ashley said...

Happy Birthday to Kevin. He is such an amazing guy. I love having him teach Sunday school. His lessons are always so spiritual.

The Smith Family said...

Ahhh..Happy Birthday to Kevin. What a GREAT guy!!

Kevin Bowman said...

Lovely doesn't come close to cutting it sweetheart.

Valerie said...

Happy 2-8 Kevin!!! Hope you have a good one, and Emily, such a sweet post way-to-go!

John and Heather Davis said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Christa said...

Is he a fan of Hannah Montana? lol!

Rachel B. said...

Happy Birthday Kevin! Love the Hannah Montana cake.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kevin!! Hannah Montana?? I don't want to know :)

About Me said...

Happy Birthday to Kevin and also happy anniversary in just a few short days:)

Damien Stepick said...

OK... I have to now steal Kevin's idea and tell a story on his wife's blog about his birthday list.

At number 20 it discusses Asian food... well...

So there we are in California doing a shoot and dinner time comes and we hit the buffet, which for anyone who has eaten with Kevin there is a chance you might be asked to leave the place before desert...

So Kevin decides to hit the bathroom and when he does I take the hot sauce (this was some kind of atomic Asian hot sauce with a warning on it) and put a bunch on a portion of his plate... I figured he would die when he came back to eat it...

IT DOESN'T EVEN FAZE HIM AS HE EATS IT ALL UP... I might have died from it and Kevin ate it like one would eat a fry from McDonalds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAppy Belated B-Day man!!!

David and Emily Wilcock said...

Happy birthday Kevin. I would really like the story behind the Hanna Montana cake. I was expecting a line somewhere that said you were celebrating with a niece!

Kevin Bowman said...

The story behind the Hanna Montana cake is simply that it was just a joke. My dad and my sister thought it would be funny.

Julie T. said...

Happy Birthday Kevin! I love how excited Rebecca is to blow out the candles:)