Saturday, August 16, 2008

I'll Have To Find A New Widget

I went to stepheniemeyer.com today and read this announcement:

Movie News Flash!

So, many of you have heard that the release of the sixth Harry Potter movie, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, has been moved from this Thanksgiving to next summer. First and foremost, please know that this schedule change has absolutely nothing to do with Twilight, me, or Summit Films (so enough with the imdb death wishes, okay?). This is Warner Bros. decision, and it was not motivated by anything Twilight-related.

Now for the good news! Though we're all sad to have to wait for Harry Potter, this open spot at the theater creates a cool opportunity. The good people at Summit were thrilled to let me know that now Twilight fans are going to get their movie three weeks earlier than scheduled. That's right—Twilight will be released in theaters November 21st! Let the merry-making commence!

--Stephenie

So I've removed my recently added movie countdown widget because it is wrong. I'll add a new one as soon as I can find one that's got the right countdown.

12 comments:

About Me said...

Hey Emily, if you are in the Orem/Provo area for Thanksgiving we can check it out together, since that is where I will be and I know Brady would likely pass!

Jon and Ashley said...

I am so excited that it is coming out early, but I am going to be in Utah as well. I agree with the commentor above. We should do the Utah thing together!

Sara B said...

Isn't Thanksgiving the next week? Well whenever you see it it will be great!

Emily B said...

You're exactly right, Sara. So let's start planning our GNO to the movies.

Wendy said...

Well, I won't be at Twilight, but all of you who are going to be in Utah better call me AFTER you go see it.

John and Heather Davis said...

Okay! Were to begin??? I guess with BD- I also absolutely LOVED it!!! Especially the little fast growing unexpected turn it took! (One of my now favorite characters)I am just about finished reading it for the third time- I cant seem to get enough!

I was a little sad to hear that Harry Potter was moved to July, but was elated that Twilight is taking that time slot!!

Schools just got out for Rebecca and in a weeks time, mine will be heading back!

Emilee said...

That really is the most exciting news I've heard all day! Too bad I'll be in a po-dunk town in CA w/ NO movie theaters!! Yikes! I'm impressed that Twilight is still in the runnings with Harry Potter!

Katie said...

I think coming to Utah to watch it is the best idea yet!!!

Brittany said...

Hey I just made a new twilight movie countdown widget, so you can grab it off of my page if you want. I can't wait for the movie!

Skeeter said...

YES!!!!! Cannot wait!

Julie T. said...

Just so you know, I went to Dal Italia today. It was just as good as I remember it being!!
I always love seeing you and your cute family- we need to get together more often.

Kellie and Stephen said...

I'm starting to worry about your obsession with these vampires Emily, or maybe it's just Edward. We need to hang out so William and Ryker can get to know each other.