Monday, August 4, 2008

I'm Back, Sooner Than I Thought I Would Be

By the way, this is my 50th post. It seems like a few blogs I look at have hit a milestone in the past week.

On Friday I got a call from my friend Lara asking me if I had received Breaking Dawn in the mail since I preordered it. I told her, "No. People shouldn't get them until tomorrow, right?" And she said, "I got mine this morning. I'm on page 100." OH MY GOSH! I wanted to drop the phone and run over to her house to steal her book from her. Then I looked online to see when my book had been shipped. It said "preparing to ship your order" and also that my estimated delivery date was August 6. WEDNESDAY! There was no way I was going to wait until Wednesday, so I decided to try to get a book at the release party I went to that night with Ashley at Barnes and Noble.

Do you like our shirts? They say, "Forks, WA - Makin' It Sprinkle So You Don't Sparkle." (Thanks for pointing this one out to me, Valerie.) The release party was crazy. There were a ton of people at Barnes and Noble. Ashley and I were two of the oldest people there, but it was a lot of fun. We did a scavenger hunt for trivia questions from the books that could get us a spot in the front of the line for a book. Since Ashley had her copy reserved, we did the contest for me. We didn't win. (Ashley, I saw something online today that said "Edward Anthony Masen Cullen". I was wrong.) But I still got a copy of Breaking Dawn by waiting in the stand by line.

I finished reading my book yesterday, and I have to say it's my favorite of the whole series. Stephenie Meyer ended it really well. It is full of crazy things that happen, and I love every part of it. I can't wait to read it again. I still haven't received my preordered copy. Kevin and I plan to give that copy to his little sister Melissa who just recently became a fan. Lucky girl. She didn't have to do any waiting for sequels.

I'm so glad I didn't wait. I would be going absolutely nuts by now. Now I can't wait to get caught up on all of your lives.

9 comments:

About Me said...

I also finished my copy this morning and loved it!! I have a lot to get caught up on (dishes, laundry, being a more devoted mother, etc...)since I haven't done anything but read in my spare time!

Zach and Kate Hulet said...

AMEN! I love this book. I am a happy ending kinda girl, and so this was my cup of tea! (sorry if people are reading this and haven't finished the book). I LOVE THIS BOOK. Did I already say that? I am not ashamed to have it on my shelf, and I too, can't wait to reread it!

Jon and Ashley said...

I'm so glad you went with me. It was so much fun. I think this is one of those books I could reread over and over again.

Katie said...

Emily! I'm so jealous you went to one of the parties! I wanted to go sooooo bad!

I loved the book, too.. it had a few flaws, but I love it!

Cort, Kimi, Metz and Chase said...

YEA. I am so happy for you, there is nothing worse than waiting for a good book!

Cynthia said...

Love the t-shirts. And Will is glad that this is the last book - I pretty much disappeared for the weekend too. Although I can definitely see a storyline for a new series . . .

Julie T. said...

Like we have discussed before. . . I am really a boring person because I have not read any of those books (and probably never will). But I am happy to hear that you were happy with the way it ended!
I am happy that you are no longer taking a break from bloggint- I always look forward to seeing what my best friend Emily is up to!!

Anonymous said...

Emily,
I love your shirts! Actually I'm Rachel's friend who designed them :). It made me feel so excited to see them on some actual people. I just wanted to say thanks :).

Billy and Lizzie Calban said...

Okay so I have made it as far as purchasing twilight and new moon...now I just need to finish atonment so i can start on these....geez I am really behind on the curve