Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Week

We celebrated Halloween a few different times this past week. We started with Trunk or Treat at the church last Saturday, a Halloween party on Tuesday, Halloween day at dance on Wednesday, and trick or treating with cousins on Friday. I love that Rebecca got to wear her costume so many different times.

The Trunk or Treat was a great party.

Kevin and I dressed up as Todd and Sarah Palin. People kept asking me, "You're Sarah Palin, right?" I think they couldn't tell if I was in a costume or if I was just coming from work. When I was away from Kevin, people had no idea who he was until he told them, "I'm the husband of a hockey mom." We never dress up, and I had so much fun wearing costumes this year. Now I want to try to find a costume to wear every year.

I didn't get any pictures from Rebecca's dance class, although I wish I did. (I actually forgot my camera for all four of our Halloween activities. I'm pregnant - what can I say. All of the pictures for this post came from Rachel S. and my sister Jodi.) At dance, there was a Snow White, an Aerial, a Sleeping Beauty, and a Cinderella. It was so fun to see all of the different princesses, and it was cute that each princess chose a different princess costume. I also wish I got a picture of Ms. Stephanie who had on a long nightgown, big slippers, a shower cap with rollers hanging out, and some huge pink glasses. Her costume was a hoot.

On Friday, my brother had a Halloween party at his house.


Every year Travis and Wendy get a trailer and put lights and bales of hay on it for the kids to ride around the neighborhood. Here are all the cousins waiting to go get some candy.

My brother-in-law Randy took these cute pictures of my kids with his nice camera. As you can see, William did not miss out on getting some candy of his own.

My favorite costume that night had to be my nephew Ryder's costume.

I can't believe he let his parents put all of this make-up on his face. People at every house handing out candy loved his costume. His brother Gage was going to be Batman, but his costume didn't fit, so he was Harry Potter instead.

We had a really fun Halloween week this year, and this pregnant lady is loving all of the candy she gets to eat out of her kids' buckets after they go to bed.

13 comments:

Kellie and Stephen said...

I love all fo your cute costumes. The trailer hay ride looks like so much fun - what great memories for your kids.

Julie T. said...

I love your costumes! You make a great Sarah Palin and Kevin as a hockey fan is very fitting:)
What a fun time at Travis' house! That is a great idea with the trailer. All those Ficklin kids are so dang cute!

Liz Prisbrey said...

I am seeing so many fun traditions people do every year through these blogs! I think that is so fun that your brother does that with the hay. I love Halloween and I hope my kids always do. I think it's awesome you guys dressed up! You make the perfect Sarah Palin, I knew who you were right away!

The Kodak Moments of our Life said...

I love your costume Emily! Too cute! And your kids are adorable as always.

Jon and Ashley said...

Was it me, or did Halloween last forever this year? Rebecca and William looked so cute in their costumes. That hay ride looks like so much fun!

Lindz said...

I love all the little kids in their costumes, so cute. I love Halloween time. I love your costume. Ben and I didn't dress up this year, I was sad.

Ronda said...

I love the costumesw, your kids look adorable. Halloween does start the week before doesn't it, but at least you get some use out of the costumes.

Amanda said...

Cute costumes! I love William as a little monkey - that is cute!

Rachel B. said...

You guys are sooo cute! I love the Sarah Palin costume. You pulled it off well. She's a babe and you're a babe. And how fun that Travis does hayrides every year. That is such a cool tradition.

About Me said...

Cute costumes and looks like you had a great halloween!

Wendy said...

You make a great Sarah Palin. Maybe you'll be able to recycle the look in four years when she runs again.

Katie said...

Cute!

Katie said...

Cute!