Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What a Difference a Year Makes

I didn't post anything about Thanksgiving this year because I didn't take any good pictures. We spent Wednesday, November 26 to Tuesday, December 2 in New Harmony, Utah with my family. We ate too much, and the kids played hard, and it was a great time.

Anyway, on to my original post. Every year we try to take the kids to see Santa to get their pictures taken for Christmas. This year we went to Town Square because we heard that they had a cute Norman Rockwell inspired Christmas house and that it snowed there at night.

Last year, this was William's reaction to sitting on Santa's lap:

Blissfully ignorant to what was even happening, I'm sure.

This was his reaction to sitting on Santa's lap this year:


At least Rebecca was happy, and we got our Christmas picture of the kids for 2008. We'll see if he likes Santa any better next year.

14 comments:

Emilee said...

He's crying, but didn't escape! I like the headbands you are putting in Rebecca's hair these days, they really are adorable!

The Simpson Family said...

We were thinkin of going to town square too, how was it, besides William's melt down? Rebecca looks a little aprehensive too. I love the photo though, these are the precious moments that make up our crazy lives!

Julie T. said...

Yeah, a new post!! William's face is priceless! Every child needs a freak-out picture with Santa:)

Samye said...

Love it! At least you got him to sit on Santa's lap, we got close and Bennett just flips out. Maybe next year right?

Jon and Ashley said...

Love it! Rebecca has the cutest mischevious face on. Livie is terrified of sitting on Santa's lap. But she is also terrified of babies. Go figure.

The Smith Family said...

I love it when you can capture the true moments :) They are the best to look back on.

Liz Prisbrey said...

Your brave! I don't even take my kids anymore because of how bad mason freaked out his second year in to see Santa. Which by the way, that Santa looks awesome! My kids are older now and Claire loves Santa so I will have to go check this one out.

janet said...

Hilarious! That is the BEST CHRISTMAS PICTURE EVER!!

John and Heather Davis said...

Oooh poor William!

Cynthia said...

Stranger anxiety at its finest! Londyn is the same way - especially at the doctor's office. I don't know if we even dare to try Santa this year.

Amanda said...

Haha - what a classic picture!

Skeeter said...

I cannot get Jeryn to go sit on Santa's lap for nothing. She just yells from the ropes " Hi Santa!" and waves at him. And then yells what she wants... too funny. He looks like a great santa! We'll have to go yell at santa this year... hahaha

jake said...

Emily - your kids are adorable. I love that Rebecca is a little Emily clone and William is a little Kevin clone. I guess your next baby will be a perfect blend of the two of you.

The Kodak Moments of our Life said...

That is too cute! William's look is so priceless.