Monday, January 5, 2009

Fun Things

What is a fun thing to have when you are 31 weeks pregnant?

A broken foot.

Here's a closer look at my fun new boot. Now I really feel like Bella.

And what's a fun thing to do on the first day of your anticipated visit to Kevin's sister in Reno?

Fall down the stairs and break your foot. I picked a great time to get my first broken bone. The last few weeks of this pregnancy are going to be lots of fun.


On a lighter note...

What are fun things to get for two kids who really want a pet and two parents who don't want to do any serious pet maintenance?

Bunnies! This was what Santa brought our kids for Christmas this year, and we are loving these sweet babies.

William might be loving them a little bit too much. Feel free to come visit our new family members any time.

25 comments:

Cynthia said...

Oh no that stinks! How long do you have to have the boot? Hopefully you don't have to deliver with it on! You look great by the way.

Julie T. said...

So sorry Emily!!! That does not sound like a lot of fun. Did you hurt anything else when you fell?
The rabbits look like they are very loved:) We will have to come see them and bring you some dinner!

Samye said...

Oh my goodness I can't believe you broke your foot!!! That is horrible! This is an open invite to have Rebecca and William come over and play...and you too if you want, but I would LOVE to have both of them over to play with my kids!!! I also love the new pets!! that is very low key...way too cute. Wonder what Santa would bring this next year that would be better than bunnies?

Hibbard Family said...

Emily! I can't believe you fell down the stairs and broke a foot, especially being pregnant! When I looked at that first picture I thought you had on snow boots or something and was a little confused.....

Kellie and Stephen said...

That doesn't sound fun at all! I know it's not funny that you fell down the stairs being soo pregnant, but I have to admit I'm laughing a little at the thought. Those bunnies look adorable we will have to come and visit soon.

The Kodak Moments of our Life said...

Wow, that is pretty bad Em! I'm glad that the rest of you and the baby are okay. What a great pet idea. Dallin has been dying for a pet, maybe we will get him one. Let us know how it all goes with the foot and the bunnies.

Alli Waldron said...

HOpe you get better soon!

ON another note, you and Kevin are great parents to get your kids bunnies - William looks like he is going to squeeze that bunny to death!

Liz Prisbrey said...

Oh man, a fall down the stairs! That sucks! But hey, at least boots are in, right? :-)

David and Emily Wilcock said...

David just had a boot like that for a few weeks, sprained his ankle, and he complained the whole time. He won't feel so bad when he hears YOUR story! I hope you are a quick healer! Love the bunnies. Too cute! Love the shear look of joy on William's face. :)

Tiff and Dave said...

Wow Em, sorry about the fall and the broken foot! I bet that was pretty scary esp since you are prego! You look very cute though!

Cort, Kimi, Metz and Chase said...

I am so sorry!!! You sport it well though :). It was so fun to chat with you over Christmas. Hope you heal quickly and that the kiddos are super obedient for the next little while :)!

Heather Bay said...

For what its worth, when I looked at the first photo, I didn't even notice the giant broken foot boot. I just thought, "DANG, Emily looks great at 31 weeks!!!"

Rachel B. said...

Totally thought the same thing as "DrummerGirl". You really do look great! But man, that totally sucks about your foot! Poor girl. That is definitely a crazy time to have something like that happen. Hope it heals so super quickly!

Valerie said...

Bella, you are! I feel so bad about the foot. That's horrible to fall down the stairs and then have that on top of it. Hope your foot feels better soon.

Oh, and those bunnies are absolutely adorable. I'm sure they will get plenty of love at your house :)

Amanda said...

You are cute with your preggers tummy! Sorry about your foot - ouch! Hope you feel better soon. Cute pict of your little guy with the bunny :)

The Morrisons... said...

Oh my goodness! Im sorry. If you need anything I'm right across the street!

Ronda said...

I am sorry to hear about your foot. Especially while you are pregnant. The bunnies are cute.

Wendy said...

I shuddered when I saw the bunnies. Bunnies freak me out. All rodents freak me out, and while I know bunnies aren't techinically rodents, they may as well be.

Sorry about your broken foot. But hey, as if late pregnancy weren't reason enough, you can really milk your condition now and get Kevin to wait on you hand and foot!

Jeremy and Taren said...

You poor thing. I hope you are doing ok. On a good note you look awesome. Take care of yourself. No more falling down any more stairs.

Jon and Ashley said...

Em that sucks! I can't believe you fell you poor thing. Please let me know if you need anything at all! I'm serious. I know Livie would love to come see your bunnies. She asks about Rebecca all of the time.

Alison Carter said...

Emily, so sorry to hear about the foot, that's no fun! Get lots of rest and take care of yourself best you can!

Julie T. said...

Spinning on the stairs. . .this comment made me laugh so so hard!!! It is true though, we came up with some funny things to entertain ourselves:)

janet said...

so sorry to hear about your foot. You are such a good sport!

We have talked about getting our kids bunnies, but haven't been brave enough yet. All our kids get is stuffed animals... and every once in a while, a fish.

When I see that picture of William squeezing the bunny, I think Of Mice and Men.

vickersfam said...

What crazy timing! I guess a week before having the baby might be worse, if that's any consolation? The bunnies are adorable. We might have to stop by sometime to see them. I feel like I haven't talked to you in a long time!

Kiesel Klan said...

dude that SUCKS!!!! you look great though.