Friday, March 27, 2009

Growing Up



I took Braden to the doctor yesterday to get circumcised. They weighed him again, and he is up to 9 lbs. 11 ozs. Woo hoo! Still growing!












We plan on having William and Braden share a room as soon as Braden sleeps through the night, so after Christmas we bought this bed for William to sleep in.

Two days ago after I changed his diaper to get him ready for his nap, I decided on a whim to let him try out his new bed. I laid him down, gave him a kiss, and walked out of the room shutting the door behind me. It was totally quiet for the next two hours, and I was excited that this new transition was going easier than I thought it would.

After his nap he started whining for me to let him out of his room. I opened the door to this:

He pulled out the drawer underneath his crib and scattered most of his brother's blankets onto the floor. I'm not sure what he did to this drawer, but we got it to shut, and it won't open anymore.

He also pulled this box out from underneath his bed and took all of his brother's future clothes out of it. Rebecca can't open these boxes, but somehow he figured out how to get the lid off.

Luckily he can't open his door yet, so the subsequent messes he's made after waking up in the morning and from naps have been confined to his bedroom. I'm excited for William to be ready for his brother to move into his room, so if I have to clean up a mess every time I get him up, that is a small price I am willing to pay.

8 comments:

Liz Prisbrey said...

Braden looks like he is sportin' a mohawk! He looks adorable!

I bet the tracks on the drawer are bent. We have that same type of crib and Maddox stepped on the drawer. It wouldn't work forever and Jess had to change the tracks on it.

Jon and Ashley said...

He is so cute! I can't wait to see him. It is crazy that William is old enough for a big boy bed.

familiesarepriceless said...

Congrates!! I love your stories. Your boys are to cute for words.

The Morrisons... said...

Ouch! I hate that surgery. He is so dang cute. It so amazing what toddlers can get into. Good luck with that!

Wendy said...

You are patient. If he was my kid, he would've been back in the crib.

About Me said...

i am having the same fears as Ellie gets closer to moving out of the crib. Braden is so cute and I can't wait to see him:)

Christa said...

he is too cute EM... well, both of them are too cute! lol. :)

Ronda said...

so cute, Aubrey just started sleeping in a bed too so we can get ready for the baby. Sometimes it takes her a while to get to bed.