Friday, May 15, 2009

Happy Birthday, Bubba!

Yesterday was William's 2nd birthday. We took him to Chuck E. Cheese to celebrate where he got to eat pizza and ride on whatever rides he chose.

He chose this cake and frosting from the store, and he and his sister helped decorate the top.

This is the present he got for his birthday. Our neighbors put up a basketball hoop down the street, and he likes to walk down to their house and try to throw his ball into it. So we got him his own hoop.


Here are some fun facts about William:

  • He has really started talking lately. He copies almost everything we say.


  • He is really soft spoken, and it is so sweet.


  • He has started hitting and kicking us when we make him feel embarrassed. I know these are not good things to do, and we are working on getting him to stop doing these things, but it is so funny to watch him take a swipe or kick one of us in the shins, maybe because it doesn't really fit his sweet nature. We have to hide that we are laughing when he does them.


  • He has insisted on feeding himself at the table since he turned one. It drove me nuts at first because he was an absolute mess after every meal. But after a year of practice, he is pretty good at feeding himself now, although the table and the floor where he eats is still the messiest part of the dining room.


  • He calls me "Mom". That's what Rebecca calls me, so he copies her. He'll come up to me and say, "Mom", and I'll say, "What, Bubba?", and he'll just keep looking at me and saying "Mom". He does this to Kevin too except with "Dad". I think he is excited to be able to communicate, and I also think he likes to let us know that he is around.


  • We're pretty sure that he will pass up Rebecca in size one day. Last we checked, he weighed 26 pounds and she weighed 29 pounds - they are 2 1/2 years apart. It looks as though his feet are the first thing to catch up to her. We just bought him some blue shoes just like her pink shoes, and they both wear the same size.


  • He does this face that we call "the cheeser". He's been doing it for a while, and it is so funny.
  • He is the originator of the "Happy Food Dance" in our house. When he really likes something he is eating or he sees something that looks fun to eat, he will shake his head and shoulders from side to side. I'll have to try to get it on video.

I love you, Bub! I hope you had a fun birthday.

Also, this is our 100th post. To celebrate, I am going to start on my blog book. (If I say I will do it on here, then I am more likely to do it.)

13 comments:

Amy said...

Brayden did "the cheeser" too! It is my absolute favorite thing ever :) He is adorable. Happy Birthday!!!

Katie said...

Happy (Late) Birthday William! He is so dang cute!!!

Julie T. said...

Happy Birthday to William!! He is so grown up! I also love the cheeser:)

Cynthia said...

What a cutie! Happy Birthday William!

Rachel B. said...

Happy birthday to your Bubba! I just think he is such a dang cute kid! That is hilarious that he kicks you in the shins when embarrassed. And oh man, do I have a lot of work to do with my blog book. I still haven't done one and I'm on like post 230. Ahhh! Good luck with yours. You'll have to let me know any tips you find or have.

The Kodak Moments of our Life said...

Happy Birthday William! He is seriously so cute! I think we are going to have the same thing happen to our kids with the size. Mine are 2 years 3 months apart and all of 4 pounds apart...We have even been asked if they are twins!

Christa said...

What a cute little guy! Happy bday buddy!

Hibbard Family said...

I know I've already told you, but I really love your short hair, and I think its great that you were able to donate it! Also, last week in Sunday school Kevin totallyl made me tear up when he was talking about Rebecca. I'm so glad that we had such a positive impact on her!

Alli Waldron said...

Chad and I are having a going away party on May 29th at 7:00 at my parent's house. We would love to see you before we go. Let me know if you can make it!

Liz Prisbrey said...

A Happy Food Dance?? That makes total sense! Why don't I have one of those?? haha... He sounds like such a fun sweet little boy. Isn't it hard though when they stop calling you mommy? It's always so sad for me.

Rohan Shearer said...

That last picture with the cheesey smile is the best!

vickersfam said...

Happy birthday to William! I think Joshua got that same hoop (diff color though) at that same age.
And it looks like we hit our 100th posts around the same time. I, too, should start on my Blog Book. Thanks for the reminder!

janet said...

He is such a cutie! I can't believe he's already 2!!

Good luck on your blog book!