Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Rebecca

Rebecca had her first dance recital this past weekend. I went to two Parents' Day performances for her last year, and she did not want to perform for anyone at those. We figured the recital would be the same. And after attending the dress rehearsal at noon where she cried until her teacher came and sat next to her on the stage, I was even more sure that she would not be performing during the recital.


Rebecca was part of the third number. I'm not sure why her name and her friend Madison's name were not put on the program, but she should be part of "5 Ballet Position".

At the beginning of the recital, her teacher stood up and welcomed everyone, and said that she might be sitting on the stage for one of the performances. I'm pretty sure she was talking about Rebecca's number. But it came time for Rebecca's class to perform, and she did the whole dance without crying and without her teacher coming up on stage. She watched the girl next to her the whole time to make sure she was doing it right, but at least she did it. I was so happy that I cried. I'm becoming one of those embarrassing parents.

Would you believe that after I got to the recital I realized that the battery for my camera was dead? So I didn't get any pictures, but Kevin got her on video. I'm so proud of my little girl.

8 comments:

Amy said...

Way to go Rebecca! That is a big step :) I am sad that I am not going to see you freezer group this week - see you in a few weeks though!

Ronda said...

Love dance recitals, I am the same way when my daughter dances. I can't believe how much she looks like you.

Rachel B. said...

You must have added this one later...I didn't mean to skip past little Miss Rebecca. I'm such a crier too and am absolutely positive I would have done the same. Do we have a little "Star" in the making? Should we get her signed up with Ms. Boyack?!

Kellie and Stephen said...

congratulations Rebecca! I'm sure she was absolutely adorable, and I think that is totally sweet that you cried. was it becuase you were so proud of her, or relieved that she actually danced or both?

Alli Waldron said...

when i hear about stuff like this it makes me want a girl so bad. i long for the days when i can go to dance recitals! don't feel too bad, i'm sure i will be one of the crying moms too.

Julie T. said...

Yeah for Rebecca!! I bet she is the cutest little ballerina ever!!
Cute William. How nice that he is such a good helper. He is such a sweet little guy!
Braden, love him!! We were so happy to get to hang out with your and all the Ficklin clan. Love your whole family:)

Unknown said...

I'm proud of the great job you and Kevin are doing as parents of our GRANDCHILDREN!!!!
Love, Mom

Emily B said...

Thanks for the comment, Mom.