Thursday, July 9, 2009

What I'm Loving Right Now

1. Hearing classic Michael Jackson all over the place

I was walking out of Target last week, and this guy was blasting a Michael Jackson song in his car so loudly that I could hear the song even with his car windows rolled up. Then on my way home, I heard four Michael Jackson songs in a row on the radio. I think the station was doing a tribute to him from noon to 1:00 pm. Today I heard a Michael Jackson song being played at the grocery store. I hope one good thing that comes from his death is that we'll start hearing his songs more often.

2. Mormons on my favorite reality TV shows
There's Chelsie Hightower - my favorite professional on Dancing with the Stars. She was also on So You Think You Can Dance last season. When I read she was from Orem, Utah, I knew she had to be Mormon, and I found a clip of her on YouTube that confirmed that.

Has anyone been watching this show that comes on after The Bachelorette?

I have been loving this show because of this couple:

Here's their bio from abc.com:

Sarin & Jed Hinkins: Virgins when they got married, this couple's honeymoon was the very first time they were together. Their honeymoon hotel turned out to be a clothing optional resort - which was incredibly awkward for them. Hometown: Cedar City, Utah.

So Mormon.

Then there's Randi from So You Think You Can Dance this season:

When I saw her cute A-line haircut, and she mentioned on the show that she was married, I thought, "This girl has to be Mormon." Sure enough she lives in Springville, Utah, and she attends Utah Valley University.

3. This sweet boy

Braden turned four months old last week. Right now he loves his feet and putting his toes in his mouth. He sticks his tongue out a lot, and he rolls from his back to his stomach. He likes tummy time a little bit more since he puts himself there now, but he still gets fussy after a few minutes of it and wants to be rolled back onto his back. We are all loving this boy, especially Rebecca and William. He is such a joy. I couldn't ask for a better baby for my #3.

6 comments:

Julie T. said...

I loved this post! I had no idea there were so many mormons on TV!! We have to represent, right!? I can't believe how big Braden is. He is such a cute boy:)

Rachel B. said...

I'm always surprised how many mormons end up on reality tv too. I loved Randi right from the start. I just thought she was so adorable. On one of the earlier seasons of The Bachelorette one of the girls on there was mormon too and from Vegas. I'm totally drawing a blank on her name right now but she did my hair a couple times and Adam even took her out once (or twice?). Speaking of the Bachelorette...are you watching it? I am totally dying! Ew, that creepy country Wes guy. Yuck! I am totally in love with Reid though. I know not everybody agrees with me on him, but right from the beginning I decided he was my favorite...totally the type of guy I would have dated back in the day. Anyway, I'll stop jabbering!

Amy said...

So you Think You Can Dance is my favorite show!!! I didn't know that Chelsea was dancing on Dancing with the Stars - we don't watch that one. I too thought Randi HAS to be Mormon with that haircut AND being married so young. I actually have a guy in my ward that has danced with her before and says that she is super nice!

Kellie and Stephen said...

Braden is so adorable! I can't beleive he's that old already. I love hearing Michael Jackson's music again - it's soo good!

Wendy said...

Isn't Juilanne Hough Mormon? (Wow, a sentence with every word capitalized.) I've never watched Dancing with the Stars, so I could be wrong, but my cousin has a connection to her somehow (Park City or something?), I think, and I thought I'd heard she was Mormon.

Jeremy and Taren said...

I love this little boy. He is so cute!!!