Here we are - Chaparral High School class of '99 (those of us who showed up anyway). I was cool enough to hold the the sign for the picture. I feel like everyone got better looking in ten years. As people were walking in, I kept thinking, "Wow, he/she looks great!"
After I got there I realized my camera was dead, so I stole these pictures from Julie's blog (thanks, Julie). I was a little horrified to see that they decided to put our senior picture on each of our name tags, but at least the picture was small. And I was disappointed that Brandon Flowers the lead singer of The Killers didn't show up. He graduated with us, but to be honest, I don't remember him in high school. It was after someone told me he went to Chaparral that I went and found a picture of him in my senior yearbook. Our graduating class really was a lot of fun. I was reminded of that at the reunion. It was so great to see the people who came, and I hope it's not ten years before I see them again.

10 comments:
aww...love your hair! you look great Em!!!
I know I just saw you the other day - but was your hair that long when I saw you??? I agree with Lauri - it looks beautiful!
Looks like fun. You look fabulous. Ours is next weekend. I am so excited!!
Sorry, if this is a repeat comment. I don't think blogger saved my first comment. anyway.
It was so much fun to see you and to catch up! I can't believe it has been 10 years either. Whoa. I agree with you, everybody has aged well and looks better. Your husband was such a good sport to go with you to the reunion AND to be the official camera guy.
It was good to see you - you have such a cute family!
So fun. And you do look so pretty. Love the curls. I missed mine last year because I was 8 months pregnant and didn't feel like travelling so much, nor having people seeing me look so jumbo-sized. I didn't know Brandon Flowers went to our high school. How funny. Did I tell you that the drummer of the Killers, Ronnie, is actually married to my cousin. So he's always at our family parties. I'm pretty sure that makes me famous. ;)
Rachel, your post cracks me up! Emily, I agree that everyone looked really good at the reunion. I am glad I went even though I was hoping more people were going to be there. Did you end up going home after or did you go the the other place?
Oh ya, I meant to say tell Kevin thanks again for taking all my pictures- I guess me being annoying paid off because we all got to share the pictures:)
1st I agree you're hair is looking great!
2nd I think it is hilarious that you think everyone at your reunion has gotten better looking because at my husbands reunion a few years ago we just kept thinking, wow everyone has gotten really fat! I know that's mean, but seriously, like gained 100 lbs fat! My reunion is next year, should be interesting!
I loved seeing these pictures! How fun to get to see everyone. I would have thought more people would be there. That's too bad.
cute! I am really debating if I want to go to mine... Not sure I want anyone to see me- I'm positive they won't be saying that I look better after 10 years :/
But you looked adorable in these pics... So did you Julie!
Post a Comment