Monday, January 31, 2011

Has it seriously been a month already?!

I haven't missed a month on my blog so far, and I don't want to start neglecting it because this is the only time that I ever journal anything. Journal can be used as a verb, right?

So here's a pictureless post just to make sure I don't miss a month.

January has been a month of free entertainment for us. Kevin took me on a totally free date. He has been working A LOT this month, which I'm grateful for, but our schedules don't ever seem to match. When I'm working, he's at home, or when he's working, I'm at home. We needed to go do something together. He had $100 gift certificate for dinner that his mom had given him for a place she didn't really like. And he had two sets of free movie passes that he got from giving blood. (He's a universal donor, so he goes in as often as he can to donate.) We had a nice free dinner, we toured the new Cosmopolitan hotel, which is now my new favorite on the Strip, and we watched The Dilemma with one set of his movie passes.

The next week we used his other free movie passes and a free ticket that Rebecca got with her Tangled Wii game to take the kids to Tangled. We'd already seen it, but we liked it so much that we thought the kids would have fun seeing it again. And they did.

Lately free or discounted is about all we can do, and I perfectly happy with that. We have been very blessed over the past year, and we have things that most other struggling students don't have, so I'm okay with cutting back.

My other free entertainment is watching the new season of The Bachelor with some girls in my ward.

I guess this post isn't completely pictureless.

Yes. I am a Bachelor fan. And I've been really excited for this season since I was really disappointed a few seasons ago when Brad didn't choose ANYONE. A few of us decided to watch it together since a couple of girls in our ward have decided to give up TV in their homes. We've just been inviting those fans that we know of because of the racy nature of the show. But if you're a closet fan and you're reading this post, please join us. Sometimes our chatting makes us miss a few things during the show, but you can always rewatch it online the next day, and it really is a fun Monday night party.

And that's about it for January. I hope everyone else had a great month.

5 comments:

Rachel B. said...

You had me at Brad Womack. Just kidding. I did see his picture and race immediately over here though. :) How fun to watch it with a group of girls every week. We only seem to be able to get together for the big final night.

That's awesome that you were able to do such a fun and FREE date. Way to go! Free or cheap is still the way we seem to have to do things around here. Someday, someday. Good to hear from you Emily. I love when you update.

The Walkers said...

I'm glad to hear that your January is about the same as mine...life goes on, but it's crazy that after 3 crazy months the end of the year seems to bring...January is "just back to the norm..."
I love to hear about other closet bachelor lovers. I hate that I always give in to watching the drama, but really...how can you NOT talk about the crazies out there that go on the show?!

Jeremy and Taren said...

That is so cool that you got a free date night. Those are the best. Wish I could come to the Bachelor party's. That sounds like fun!

Hibbard Family said...

Free date nights are the best! And I think I might be the only person who doesn't watch bachelor. I keep thinking I should because it must be good if everyone loves it so much! But this one is a cutie... I should watch it just for that! lol.

Dawn + Ryan said...

I love that not only did the pic of Brad on my blogroll bring me immediately to your blog but also that I'm not the only one! Haha how does this show suck us all in every time?! I would SO be there if I still lived in Vegas! Can we talk about crazy psycho Utah girl?! She is giving all of us normal Utards a bad rap! Although I do have to say she is my absolute fav to watch cause she's just that crazy. Keep her, Brad, and dump all the normal ones!