Rebecca graduated from kindergarten this past Thursday. In the morning she and her classmates attended a small ceremony at school to celebrate graduation.
I'm sure it's not good etiquette to take pictures while others are reciting the Pledge of Allegiance, but I couldn't resist.
The ceremony ended with the class doing a recitation of a poem called "I'm Thankful".
I've been so grateful to have Rebecca start school at American Heritage Academy. I love that Christian principles are incorporated into her education. One of many things I learned at BYU is that secular knowledge and spiritual knowledge can go together, and she is learning that right at the start of her schooling.
If I had extra money to pay for private school, we would keep her there indefinitely. She's able to be there now because I work there. I've committed to one more year at the school, so she'll stay for first grade, but after that I'll be back to staying at home. It's just not the right time for me to be a working mom.
But for now, we will enjoy the school while we can!

5 comments:
I wish my kids could go to a school like that too! I've heard great things about your school through the vegas grapevine. They have schools like that here, but I can't afford them either. But so far Jacey's had good experiences at the public school so I can't complain. How fun that Rebecca had her Aunt for a teacher. I still remember watching BYU games and looking for Jodi among the cheerleaders. :)
So cute! Secular learning is a huge reason why we've decided to homeschool our kids. It makes such a difference!
Top speller... that's awesome! Good job Rebecca:) I bet she will always remember having "Mrs. Thomas" as her kindergarten teacher.
First grade, holy cow! That's so awesome your sister was her teacher.
She is such a big girl! Rebecca will always have a special place in my heart :) I know what you mean about needing to stay home, but it can be a hard choice sometimes. Miss you...
Post a Comment