Thursday, July 28, 2011

Speaking of my ward's summer calendar...

Today the kids and I went on a tour of the Clark County fire station near our house.

My friend Holly's husband is a Clark County fireman, so he led us on the tour, which started with a look at the engine. This particular station came to our ward's 4th of July party a few weeks ago with the engine and the hose, so my kids were excited to see it again.

One fireman showed the process of putting on all of the 70+ pounds of gear. These guys have to wear this getup in 110 degree weather sometimes here in Las Vegas!

We took a tour of the inside of the station, and of course, the kids each got to spray the hose.

I took these pictures from Heather and Holly in my ward. I should remember to take my camera wherever I go with the kids, but honestly it's the last thing I think about when I am trying to get me and all three of them out of the house on time. We plan on going out to Mountain Springs, Nevada tomorrow to do the next scheduled activity, but chances are I won't get pictures of that either. Maybe I'll put the camera in my purse right now while it's on my mind...

I love my ward and this summer calendar the sisters organized. There's no pressure to go to the activities. My kids and I go when we wake up and there's not anything that needs to be done that day. It's nice to know there's always something fun we can go do!

2 comments:

Hibbard Family said...

What a fun activity! Coronado does the best outings. And I love the hose on the tramp idea. We're contemplating getting one soon!

The Smith Family said...

I miss Coronado Ward. YOu guys are all so awesome. Looks like there were lots of fun things for the kids to do!