I have to admit - Mexcio made me nervous. Being in a place where I've heard rumors of kidnappings scared me, especially since neither Kevin nor I speak Spanish. This fear was compounded when Jessica sent me an email a few days before our trip letting me know that 30+ men in official looking uniforms would aggressively approach us at the airport telling us that they were our ride to the resort and trying to get us to go with them. Awesome. I'm so glad she warned us about this beforehand because it happened just as she described after we got through customs. One guy in the mob asked us what transportation company we were looking for, and Kevin told him. The guy then lied to us, told us that that was his company, and directed us to another guy at a counter. When I saw that the guy at the counter had a badge that didn't match the company we were looking for, I turned around and kept walking. We were out the door when another guy asked us who we were looking for, and we told him. He also said, "That's us!" His badge also didn't match the company name. I was seriously ready to book a flight back to the U.S. at that point, but this guy turned his badge over to show us the name of the company we were looking for. I was still a little skeptical until he went to his partner and came back to us with a piece of paper that had our names on it. After all of that, I was very edgy during the cab ride to our resort.
When we arrived at our resort and I realized our cab driver was not going to take us to a dark alley and hand us off to some kidnappers, I finally started to relax. I probably should have never watched the movie Taken. It's really messed me up.
The resort was beautiful. It had its own private beach blocked by rocky cliffs on both sides. The two buildings with the hotel rooms were built so that every room had an ocean view. We kept the slider to our room open the whole time we were there so we could always hear the ocean. Here are some awesome pictures from Kevin:
view from our room
We spent most of our time at the beach.
the happy couple
The ceremony on the beach:
Jessica's sister Ingrid
The beautiful bride with her mom who doesn't seem to age
Jessica and Kyle
Jessica is still quite the dancer, and she requested that all of her female friends and family members join her in a dance performance to Beyonce's song Love on Top. It's been a long time since I've done a dance routine, but everyone else was doing it, so I joined in. Kevin got the whole thing on video. Jessica's cousin choreographed our dance to a condensed version of the song, but the DJ played the regular version. That's why we all seem a little confused about what to do next a few minutes into the performance. :)
We had such a fun week! I'm so glad we could be part of Jessica's special day.

1 comment:
What the heck?! That is so freaky about your "rides" to the hotel. What is happening to all the people who haven't been warned? Glad you guys were smart.
Now onto the happy....beautiful Jessica and beautiful wedding! What an awesome opportunity to go and escape for a bit.
Post a Comment