So I've been thinking a lot about this, and I have to say that not all of the girl groups I was a part of growing up were bad.
When I was in Young Women in the Mountain View Ward, I became part of a big group of girls who went to church, girl's camp, mutual, and youth conference together. We also made a pretty mean team when we would compete against the rest of the stake in Young Women's volleyball and softball. We always had a good time when we got together, and I don't remember ever having a fight with any of these girls. Even when I started to become a bit of a wild thing, they still treated me like a sister and welcomed me with open arms when I made my rare appearances at church activities. I have great memories of ALL the times I spent with these girls, and they were and continue to be some of the greatest women I've ever known. I feel privileged to have been in their company during my teenage years.
I'm sorry to post without pictures, but I can't find some great pictures I know I have from girl's camp. I looked everywhere. I want all of you Mountain View Young Women Alumni to know how much I appreciate your examples to me, and I'm so grateful to have reconnected with many of you through this wonderful world of blogging.
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I think we are all grateful that you did NOT find camp pictures!! :)
Amen Sister!
Thanks for the shout-out! I agree that we had a great bunch of girls in our ward. It seems like we all didn't spend nearly enough time with each other when we got older though. Maybe if we did we would have avoided some of the retarded girl groups. It is so much fun to be re-connected through blogging.
And yes, thank goodness you didn't find any camp pictures! ;)
Nothing like a mountain view woman!
Good times!!
Post a Comment