Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy To Have A Girly Girl

I really wanted a girl for my first baby, and when I got pregnant with Rebecca, I immediately knew she was going to be a girl. I was so excited about all of the girly things I would get to do with her, like dress-ups and dance classes and cute hair styles with bows (she's yet to have enough hair to do this one, but I'm still waiting patiently). So far she has not disappointed me in wanting to do all of these girly things and more.

It all started before she even turned two. We came home from church one day, and I took off my shoes to go upstairs and change my clothes. I must've taken off her dress to put away so that it wouldn't get dirty. I came downstairs to find her like this.


This became a regular occurrence whenever I left my church shoes downstairs, so I eventually went out and bought her her own high heels.

After the shoes, she started wanting to dress herself up, even though we didn't have any play dresses for her to put on. She improvised by going through my swim suit and "unmentionables" drawer and putting those things on instead. (I don't know why she's naked in most of the pictures on this post. I swear I dress my child.)



(That was my first time using the video function on my camera, in case you couldn't already tell.)

I eventually went and got her a box of dress-ups this past Christmas, and she has to put on something from that box almost every day. And she only wants to wear dresses when she goes to church. She has one church skirt, but whenever I try to put it on her she screams, "I WANT A BEAUTIFUL DRESS!"

Lately she's gotten more into make up. Just the other day, I found her like this.

That's my mascara that I left sitting on the counter downstairs. Today I caught her trying to curl her eyelashes.

I love my girly girl. She's turned out to be everything I expected and more.

15 comments:

Rachel B. said...

So cute. I love having a girl too! I always said that I had to have at least one girl even if the rest were all boys. Rebecca is so cute that she likes to play with all those dress ups. I hope Reese gets into all that too. I love the line, "I want to wear a beautiful dress!" Too cute.

Katie said...

Sooo cute! I knew I was having a girl first as well and was beyond happy. Girls are so fun! Shaelie bounces between girly-girl and tomboy, but what do you expect when she has 2 (almost 3) brothers!!! haha

Jon and Ashley said...

Girls are seriously so much fun. I love how they have the maternal instinct in them. Livie is all about the dress ups too. I think Rebecca is so darling. I'm glad Livie has a friend like her.

Julie T. said...

At least Rebecca knows where mascara goes- little William thinks you are supposed to eat it:)
I think your girly-girl is VERY cute!!

The Smith Family said...

She is sooooo cute. Paul wants a girly girl really bad!! We might have to try for one :)

Sara B said...

As the only girl in Sunbeams today she held her own and of course mentioned Disney Princesses at least a few times.

Kiesel Klan said...

she's so cute! I'll just have to enjoy looking at other people fun girl stuff. we will definetly get a group for twilight. I keep watching the clip on your blog over and over and everytime it's done I scream with excitement. And for some reason I'm always afraid to turn around. They made him seem pretty creepy.

The Kodak Moments of our Life said...

She is such a cute girl.

David and Emily Wilcock said...

All of those reason are exactly why I want a girl someday!!!

Valerie said...

We're such Rebecca fans! I still remember when she got out her dress ups and Owen was like, "What?" Oh, to have a girl...hopefully one day

Bobbi Leavitt said...

I love little girls. ps- i know why shes naked. ITS HOT! I have noticed that my kids are nakie in our pica too!! AZ and LV are just to stinkin hot for clothes!

Amanda said...

She is a doll! Every girl needs a good pair of high heels :)

Hibbard Family said...

I find it facinating that girls come with this instinct to be girly and want to dress up, and boys usually naturally want to blow things up! Every Sunday Rebecca will mention some disney princess movie she wants to go home and watch, and eat a snack, of corse!!! (i want cheeeeze-its!)

Lindz said...

I can't wait to have a girl, and I really hope she is a girly girl. They are the best. She is adorable!

Christa said...

Omg, that is the cutest thing ever!!!