This past week we took a trip to Oceanside by San Diego with Kevin's family. The kids had a great time...
...hanging out with their cousins Austin and Katia. Katia is just five days older than Braden, and she has the prettiest red hair I've ever seen on a baby.
The kids also enjoyed spending time with aunts and uncles and Granny and Opa. My in-laws condo had a patio just a few feet from the beach. We were on the beach almost every day.

On the days we weren't at the beach, we went to Disneyland and the San Diego Wild Animal Park. Disneyland was hot and crowded, so we didn't stay long. But the zoo was awesome! We especially liked the dinosaur exhibit, the cheetahs getting excited and running around, the lions sleeping on top of the SUV, the tiger howling for her three cubs, and the gorillas. Oh, and the kids loved the carousel - they rode it three times.
Rebecca and William had fun sharing a bed in our hotel room. They giggled themselves to sleep every night. And they loved the little towels that were just their size.
We ended the week by getting together with many of Kevin's aunts, uncles, and cousins. We didn't get any pictures from the party, but it is always so fun to see Kevin's extended family on his dad's side.
We were so sad to leave California. I think Kevin is still having withdrawals. Hopefully we'll be back again soon.

10 comments:
oh it sounds like you had soo much fun! your kids are so cute, Em, I love the pics!
I am with you - California is really nice. I would love to live there but who can afford it??? You and your Disney kick!
Looks like you had a great time in SoCal, I love the wild animal park, it is so fun:)
We are there right now! Actually staying at the same condo area that you guys stayed at!! (weird right?) Looks like you guys had fun, we are enjoying the nice weather while we are here!!
I'm so jealous, Samye. Wait - Are you there with Austin's mom and her husband, Dustin's cousin? I know they were there this week. If so, that is crazy.
I love how you said Rebecca and William giggled themselves to sleep at night:) That sounds like such a fun trip. A week in San Diego does wonders for the soul in my opinion! I am still having withdrawls from leaving two months ago!! Glad you guys had fun!
Looks like so much fun and it looks like you have great family to!! Your girl looks more and more like you.
No wonder I haven't seen you guys! Looks so fun. I got a work out when we went to the animal park...tons of walking. Your kids are so cute, I love how Braden is sucking his thumb, at least he will take something :)
i'm jealous just reading your post. i love california too!
I have been away from the blogging world for so long! Its so nice to catch up on your family. Braden is so adorable!! I am sad that I missed his blessing. I looks sounds it was a wonderful day.
Post a Comment