Thursday, October 9, 2008

Let The Fun Begin

Thanks for your concern, Wendy and Rachel. I haven't updated in a while because I honestly haven't had anything to blog about. We did go to the beach this past weekend with our neighbors Bill and Emilee, and I was all set to write about our fun trip on Monday after we got back, but the day we got back was when things started to go bad.

One of the MAIN reasons I was not excited to be pregnant again was because of how sick I got with Rebecca and William. With both of them I felt nauseous but didn't throw up for the first trimester. It was in the second trimester that I started throwing up daily.

This is a picture of me in my second trimester with William. The way things are in this picture is a good depiction of how things were at my house during this time. Notice that Rebecca is still in pajamas - it's about 6:00 at night in this picture. You can also see some mess. I'm glad Kevin didn't get more of the house in this picture because I'm sure it was a disaster. I was basically worthless during my second trimester with both kids. The saddest thing to me about this is that I honestly don't remember a whole lot about Rebecca from age 2 to 2 1/2.

So when I got to fourteen weeks with this baby and I actually stopped feeling nauseous and started to have some more energy like most other pregnant women, I started feeling a little better about being pregnant again. I felt like I was being blessed so that I could still take care of my two little kids. I thought, "Maybe I will actually get to enjoy being pregnant for once."

That changed this week - week eighteen. Since Monday I've felt disgusting, and I've thrown up at least once everyday this week.

I will eventually get to the post about my fabulous beach weekend. We also find out what we're having tomorrow, so that post will also be coming soon. Hopefully the throwing up and icky feeling will pass when I get rid of the sinus infection that I picked up this week. But if this sickiness mess intends on sticking around until the end of my second trimester, then normally I will have spurts in my days where I feel well enough to get some things done, and those will have to be the times when I get caught up.

I am happy to report that I have been pretty good at keeping up with all of your blogs this week, so I'll be seeing you, but you might not be seeing a lot of me. Don't worry about me when my posts start to dwindle. I'll be back to my old blogging self as soon as I feel better.

10 comments:

Rachel B. said...

Yuck, poor girl! These babies better appreciate all we go through to get them here! My house and my desire to blog completely went to pot during that whole first half of pregnancy too. It's just rough. Relax the best you can (with 2 little people running around). And we'll be excited to hear from you whenever we can.

Lindz said...

I feel the same way. I hate throwing up. It is really hard to do anything. That is exactly why I am scared to get pregnant again. Good luck and I hope you start feeling better. I'm sorry.

David and Emily Wilcock said...

Being sick sucks! I got sick late with Jaxon and suddenly I had a LOT more sympathy for those women who are sick the whole time! Hopefully it won't last too much longer! If you want to send you kids over for a playdate so you can get some rest, my door is always open!

Jon and Ashley said...

You poor thing. Being sick sucks, especially when you have two other little ones to look after. Please call me whenever you need a break. Livie has such a crush on Rebecca. We would be glad to have her anytime.

Hibbard Family said...

I feel so bad for you, being sick is the absolute worst part of pregnancy. I hope it doesn't last too long... let me know if you want some of those Zofran tabs!

Cari said...

I am so sorry emily!! I finally started feeling normal(I wasn't sick at all with Bostyn, so this is new to me)yet I still have those days. Get some rest and take care of yourself. Let us know if we can help.

The Simpson Family said...

I'm with Rachel... get the rest you need, and use your extra time and energy for famil. We'll be glad to hear from you when you feel better.

The Walkers said...

Oh Emily, I feel so bad for you! You were feeling so good, and I wouldn't have even remembered you were pregnant this past weekend - minus your little bump growing. I'm so sorry! That is the most bizarre thing that you get so sick in your second tri! Call if you need something! (maybe a little "friendly" game of KQ&P?!)

Sara B said...

Emily- i hope after the sinus infection passes things will get better! I can't wait to hear what you are having! Good luck- we will keep you in our prayers!

The Smith Family said...

Stay rested and if you need anything, I just live down the street.