Friday, October 10, 2008

One Down, Seven To Go

(I'm already tired of seeing the post about how sick I am, so here are a few new posts to look at.)
On my wish list, one of the eight things I wanted was a beach vacation. Thanks to our awesome neighbors Bill and Emilee, I got that wish last weekend. They were taking a trip down to their family beach house in southern California to celebrate Emilee's birthday.

Bill bought her this cute hat to wear for her party.

She was telling me about their upcoming beach trip after the Relief Society Broadcast two weekends ago. I mentioned that we didn't make it to the beach this summer, and she said that we should go with them. (I wasn't fishing for an invite, Emilee, but I'm so glad you let us come with you because we had a blast.)

Their beach house was right on the beach.


This picture of the kids was taken from the back patio.

The Nelsons and the Walkers also came, and we spent the weekend riding bikes, sitting on the beach, shopping, eating good food, and playing some fun games of Scattergories, Spades, and Kings Queens and Peons after the kids went to bed. The boys also did some kayaking, and Denett joined them for some boogie boarding. I did a lot of sitting around on this trip, and it was just what the doctor ordered for this pregnant lady.

Bill and Emilee, you guys sure have a great place down there. Thanks for sharing it with us. I hope you had a great birthday, Emilee.

13 comments:

Alli Waldron said...

That sounds like so much fun! Chad and I absolutely love the beach but we never made it California this summer - there is always next year I guess.

Julie T. said...

Yeah for another baby boy!!! That is awesome that you will be able to re-use all of Williams clothes like you were hoping.
Sorry you have been feeling so sick- so not fun. Call me if you need anything!!!!

Jon and Ashley said...

It looks like a great trip. I don't think there could be anything better than a house on the beach.

The Simpson Family said...

What an awesome experience, and so nice for you to get a break from the ususal, sitting at home and feeling crapy.

Kellie and Stephen said...

I'm so jealous of your beach vacation, it sounded perfect. Plus your having another boy!! How fun! Hopefully your sick stage passes quickly, hope your feeling better.

Highland Hussy said...

yay!!!!!!!!!!!! A BOY!!!!!!!!!!! I love you Em!!!! Wanna hang out this week?

Valerie said...

What a fun trip! And hooray for another boy! William will have so much fun having a younger brother to play with! And I'm sure Rebecca will too. Congrats you guys, what happy news! Oh, and Emily, I hope you're feeling better soon :)

Wendy said...

Color me jealous. But I'm glad you got your beach vacation.

John and Heather Davis said...

How fun! I am so happy for you to have been able to go on your beach vacation. I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling well with your pregnancy, hopefully it will get a little better in the coming weeks.
How exciting to be having another boy have you and Kevin thought about any names?

Damien Stepick said...

I love the beach... grew up about an hour from the beach so I am truly jealous, but I sure do love the weather in Utah more than Vegas... does that count for anything?

I didn't think so... but it was worth a try... you know shifting the focus to "me" and trying to make it seem like "I" have something you don't...

but it didn't work... now, not only am I jealous, but I am also have to hope that Wendy doesn't read this or I will really hear about it... now I know you are wondering, "why don't you just erase what you have said so far and change your comment?"

Well... I live in Utah and you don't!

There!

Hey make sure you guys visit my blog... I expect to see a comment or two from you guys :)

www.hopesdreamsandhiccups.blogspot.com

Ronda said...

Hey Emily. I wish I could go to the beach, it sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. I finally got my blog going if you want to check it out. It is so nice to keep in touch with people you don't ever see. My address is marshalldiary.blogspot.com
Ronda

Leah said...

That sounds like an amazing weekend!! I would love to have a beach house someday!!
Congrats on another baby boy, they're so sweet!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.